Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Systems Engineer to be based in our Arlington, Virginia office.
IDT is currently accepting applications for an anticipated Systems Engineer role requiring 3+ years of experience for a position in support of its innovative automated solutions. This position offers an engineer the opportunity to utilize his/her knowledge and talents as part of a collaborative team supporting the development of software for a growing company.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Develop, implement, and maintain Infrastructure as Code software for automated deployment and configuration of a multi-site, multi-system environment
- DoD Surface Warfare related software design, development, and analysis
- Participate in identification and applications of emerging technologies and architectures including evaluation of cloud operations platforms such as cloud IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Develop design documentation
- Communicate and work collaboratively with colleagues and lead engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Math
- Master's Degree in Engineering or other technical field highly desired
- 3+ years of professional systems development experience in technically rigorous environments
- Proficiency in automation scripts, tools and environments (ex. Python, Jenkins)
- Experience in application development in a Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- High degree of competence in Bash and Shell
- Demonstrated ability to shift from one project to another in an agile work environment
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- Experience with server and or desktop virtualization
- DevSecOps experience
- Virtualization Infrastructure Experience with VMware or similar virtualization tools
- Networking experience - TCP/IP, DNS, NetBIOS, switching, routing, VLANs
- Experience with at least one public cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services or MicroSoft Azure
- Ansible, Chef, Salt, or Puppet experience
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.