Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, our diverse, 650+ member team works collaboratively across multiple service areas including architecture, engineering, planning, surveying, and construction engineering to create better places for people.
We are a team of experts with individual specialties working together, driven to make a difference through people-focused problem solving, design, and ideas. In everything we do, we put people first. We create places for communities of people that help solve a problem and drive them forward- advancing the whole community today and well into the future.
What You'll Contribute to OHM Advisors
The Survey Technician is an integral part of the survey team by assisting in the delivery of timely and accurate data. He or she is responsible for a variety of technician-level surveying activities that support the team in the surveying of roads, building sites, recreation areas, bridges, environmental sites, and determinations of land boundaries under the guidance of a professional surveyor.
Currently, we have openings for Survey Technicians in the following Michigan offices: Ann Arbor, Livonia, and Midland.
The ideal candidate must be a dependable, energetic self-starter that meets the following requirements.
- Ensuring all required equipment is loaded, unloaded, cleaned, and charged every day.
- Notifying Direct Supervisor/Team Members of any issues, immediately.
- Assist Direct Supervisor/Team Members with necessary operations.
- Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisors, the public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Safe work methods.
- Projecting the company in a positive manner to all members of the public.
- Travel overnight occasionally for remote projects.
As a trusted member of OHM Advisors' Field Services Survey Group, an award-winning multi-office team focused on providing accurate and thorough data, you will collaborate with innovative thinkers driven to find better solutions on behalf of our clients and the people they serve. What You'll Need to Succeed
Growth at OHM Advisors
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic math principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Experience or familiarity with Microstation, GIS, Trimble Access, and AutoCAD/Civil 3D preferred.
- Good organizational skills, proven ability to manage equipment, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Computer and Spreadsheet experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A current, valid, no restrictions driver's license.
- Physical requirements include indoor and outdoor work, various temperatures and weather conditions, driving, lifting, carrying, reaching, bending, kneeling, crawling, walking, sitting, and standing. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Our staff is our greatest asset. We continuously strive to provide tools, mentorship, and resources to help you win at work and in life. Read about some of our self-designed career advancement and enrichment programs, like OHM Wellness, OHM Grad School, and OHM University, on our website. OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This job has expired.