The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Finance Associate for our Finance department. This position is based in our main office in New York, NY or may be remote.
About the role
The Finance Associate will have an essential role in supporting the College Board's strategy and ensuring our financial health. She/he will be responsible for complex financial modeling and analysis, and for summarizing findings and presenting recommendations to senior management. She/he will support the management of the College Board's investments and improve our overall cash and working capital management practices. She/he will also support important strategic initiatives including M&A, investments, and partnerships.
Responsibilities of the role
Investments and Treasury
- Develop a detailed cash flow forecasting model.
- Track performance of our short-term investments.
- Support the oversight and management of our credit facilities and existing banking relationships.
- Develop new processes to enhance our working capital management.
- Support the management of the College Board's long-term investment portfolio including our mission-aligned investment portfolio.
Qualifications needed for the role
- Lead financial modeling including valuation, financial impact, and buy-versus-build analysis to support critical business decisions including strategic investments and acquisitions.
- Collaborate with Strategy and Program leadership to assess and prioritize M&A or partnership opportunities.
- Manage deal processes and support due diligence activities for acquisitions and partnerships.
- Create and deliver effective presentation materials to senior management and Board members.
- Identify strategic partnerships for the College Board's programs.
Preferred skills for the role
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant and progressive experience.
- Extensive experience in financial modeling and preparing cash flow forecasts .
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to succinctly summarize complex financial analysis and present key findings to senior management.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in process improvement.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize and independently manage multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Advanced MS Excel, Powerpoint, and Word skills.
- A strong interest in expanding educational opportunity for all students.