The shift for this position is 1p-9:30p with weekend and holiday rotation.
This job has expired.
- Assembles surgical instrument trays and pans and delivers sterilized items to the operating room.
- Assembles special procedure trays for such complex surgeries as open heart, transplant, major orthopedic surgeries, neurosurgical, laparoscopic, and spine surgeries.
- Uses computer to scan PIC tickets on instrument trayus and case cart protocol.
- Properly operates cleaning and sterilization equipment such as washers, sterilizers, sonic cleaners and cart washers.
- Restocks prep areas with supplies and takes inventory of sterile instrument pans and trays.
- May retrieve contaminated equipment, supplies, trays and instruments from patient care areas for cleaning and sterilization.
- May collect needles and sharps containers from Operating Room for proper disposal.
- Monitors all sterilization equipment by testing and recording indicators.
- Assists in training staff in the identification of surgical insturments and individual pans.
- Delegates assignments and adjusts work flow to meet the most important needs.
- Provides input on employee performance in job conferences.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in sterile processing.
- Registered as a Central Service Technician.
- Experience with computer software.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to prioritize and delegate assignments.
- The ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.