Moderna is seeking a Statistician to join the Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC) Statistics team at our Technical Development site in Norwood, MA. As a CMC Statistician, you will be a key member of the COMPASS (Controls, Modeling, Process Analytics, and Statistical Sciences) group within the Technical Development organization. As a member of the team you will be responsible for statistical analysis and data management on a wide variety of CMC projects. Your responsibilities will include designing experiments and fitting predictive models for technical processes and analytical methods. You will work as an integrated member on cross-functional teams with colleagues working in Process Development, Analytical Development, Quality, Manufacturing, and Nonclinical Research. A working knowledge of these areas will be learned on the job as you work to determine the most appropriate statistical methods for answering key research questions.
As an integral member of the CMC Statistics team, you will aid in advancing Moderna's portfolio of products from development to commercial manufacturing and help build technical platforms for a rapidly expanding pipeline. You will collaborate as a team member with scientists and engineers working on the forefront of mRNA science. As a successful candidate you will be highly self-motivated, possess strong communication skills, and a desire to challenge yourself to meet the Moderna core values of being Bold, Collaborative, Curious, and Relentless.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Actively participate in project team meetings to understand the context for application of statistical methods
- Identify research questions and articulate the statistical methodologies used to assess them
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, and other statisticians to reach consensus on analysis and interpretation of data
- Design experiments and perform statistical methods for mRNA product development and manufacturing
- Draft presentations and technical reports summarizing your analyses and recommendations
- Review team members' technical reports for statistical and mathematical accuracy
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting timelines, and delivering on commitments
- Continue to advance your knowledge of applicable statistical methods through literature, training, and online resources
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- MS degree in Statistics or related discipline with 0-4 years of relevant experience; BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Science preferred
- Educated on commonly used statistical methods, such as Design of Experiments (DOE), linear and nonlinear regression modeling, variance component analysis, multivariate analysis, process capability and control charts
- Programming skills using one or more statistical programs or languages (e.g., JMP, SAS, or R)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; comfort with other standard programs in the Microsoft Office product suite
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of teams
- Capacity to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Scientifically curious, pragmatic, and driven to succeed
- Personable, organized, and detail oriented
- Comfortable working remotely and in virtual, on-line environments, such as audio/video meeting rooms, file shares, and collaboration spaces
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.