Huntsman's Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a new Stationary Engineer for our manufacturing site located in Akron, OH.
As the Stationary Engineer, you will:
Skills and experiences required:
- Operates a gas-fired boiler to generate steam that supplies heat and power to a chemical manufacturing plant
- Tests and treats boiler feed water, using specified chemicals
- Maintains logs of meter and gauge readings and records data as required
- Operates air compressors and dryer for plant air
- Operates cooling water system for plant
- Observes/monitors pressure and temperatures to verify specified operation of automatic combustion control systems and feed water system.
- Turns valves and adjusts controls to set specified fuel feed, draft openings, water level, and steam pressure of boiler
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and makes repairs, such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings
- Other duties as assigned
- Third Class State of Ohio Stationary Engineer License Required
- At least five years' experience working, operating, and performing all required maintenance in a Gas Fired Boiler industrial or utilities setting
- Must be willing to work a continuous seven-day schedule (rotating days off) on any three shifts and readily except
- overtime without restriction
- Must be able to lift a up to 63 lbs. without restriction
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs, ladders, and platforms
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors as needed
- Must possess excellent mechanical skills
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be Computer literate
- Must have a good safety approach to work
- Must be capable of learning equipment maintenance
- Must have flexibility to adapt to change
- Multitasking and making decisions effectively are also critical job competencies
- Person must be comfortable working with vendors, crafts, engineers, manufacturing employees and other maintenance
- Must have the facilitation skills to lead groups in various problem-solving techniques
- Experience in multi-tasking, prioritizing complex issues and managing multiple projects
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local. P
lease refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.Additional Locations:
This job has expired.