What you'll do...
There are millions of customers shop on Walmart websites and in stores daily, and advertising helps advertisers bring the best products to our customers. If you want to influence millions of customers on their shopping journeys, we have a role for you. This team in advertising serves as the horizontal data foundation for various applications. We build extremely large-scale data sets, process them using distributed system and enrich them with intelligent insights. As a staff engineer in the team, you will play a key role to collaborate with multiple engineering teams and cross-function teams to understand the business needs and propose the most suitable engineering solutions. You will also lead in researching, designing, implementing and reviewing the platform and products. Additionally, you will mentor and coach the team, ensure the best engineering practices are followed and hold the team accountable.
You are the person we are looking for if:
You will make a great impact by:
- You are a problem solver with critical thinking.
- You are a team player, like to collaborate with cross-function teams and influence others.
- You can overview from high-level and deep dive into details with complex subjects.
- You have an enthusiasm in technology.
- You are familiar with big data processing using distributed system in Fortune 1 scale.
- You're organized, disciplined, and can lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have high standards in quality and operation excellence.
- You are always looking for challenges and willing to learn.
- Managing and improving billions of customer identities unification. You will manage and analyze billions of customer ids, from various channels both online and instore, to identify the reliable connections, thus build scalable distributed system to process billions of ids. The unification of customer ids will bridge the gaps among different channels in advertising and enable the closed-loop targeting and reporting.
- Designing and implementing advertising data lake. You will efficiently manage and serve extremely large volume data in different format and storage. Designing the extensible framework for data model and storage, processing pipeline, service interfaces is the key.
- Enforcing business decisions by data-driven. Clarify and understand business needs, provide reasonable technical solutions with data supporting.
- Leveraging public could. Utilize public cloud tools and resources most efficiently to scale our storage and computation in Google cloud platform and Microsoft Azure. Improve performance optimization and cost reduction.
- Operating with excellence. Lead by example in implementing quality code and conducting code/design reviews, enabling monitoring and alerting systems for proactive incident handling, automating the product software development, testing, deployment, running and disaster recovering, and troubleshooting and solving emergent product/business issues.
- Building strategic relationship. Collaborating with cross-function cross-department product and engineering teams to achieve win-win results. Influence product roadmap and decisions with sound technical solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in software development, 3+ years focusing on big data processing and distributed systems.
- Proficient in Scala or Java or Python, spark, HQL and SQL.
- Deep knowledge in Hadoop ecosystem, like HDFS, Hive, MapReduce, Presto etc.
- Advanced knowledge of complex software design, distributed system design, design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent data analytics skills and ability to explore and identify data issues.
- Ability to explain complex subjects in layman's terms.
- Experience with distributed version control like Git or similar
- Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as Jenkins and Maven.
Benefits & Perks -
- Familiar with public cloud technologies in Google Cloud Platform, especially BigQuery, GCS and Dataproc.
- Experience with ETL pipelines.
- Experience in advertising domain.
- Familiar with workflow management systems like airflow or oozie.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and alerting solutions like Prometheus, Graphite, alerts manager and Splunk.
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer -
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve to live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
860 W CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-0000, United States of America