Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelingis accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2020, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 5.4billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins BioPharma Product Testing-Columbia has delivered expert scientific support to companies working to improve human and animal health. As a member of the Eurofins BPT Columbia team, you'll work alongside respected technical experts dedicated to scientific excellence in a process driven regulatory compliant environment.
Eurofins BPT-Columbiais looking for aStaff Scientistto join our Gene and Cell Therapy team located in Columbia, Missouri, which provides a comprehensive range of biopharmaceutical services from analytical physical-chemical characterization to routine release and stability testing utilizing well-established techniques including HPLC, capillary electrophoresis (CE and iCE), light scattering, ELISA, cell bioassays and mass spectrometry. This is an opportunity to work in a state of the art laboratory and be a technical leader within the group engaging in complicated projects for Eurofinsclients.
TheStaff Scientistposition is an advanced level professional position involved in planning own work and supervising the day-to-day activities in a laboratory setting under prescribed processes (protocols, standard operating procedures, methods, etc.).
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Completes work for research and development under CGMP and/or GLP guidelines for studies, documentation, etc.
- Conducts and monitors studies to ensure data accuracy and report quality.
- Writes reports on studies.
- Provides complex analytical work on projects and studies using a range of analytical techniques and instruments.
- Works with independence on studies and assignments.
- Typically serves as technical leader within a group or team and may serve as project leader/study director on assigned projects.
- Experience in gene and cell therapy and good background in cell and molecular biology.
- Experience in viral and immunological methods, including; viral replication and infectivity assays, mRNA expression assays, iPS cell based assays, and flow cytometry.
- Experience with LIMS system desirable.
- Experience in a laboratory setting is required, good documentation skills, GMP or GLP experience preferred.
- Experience in participating in validation activities and understanding validation components.
- Good organizational skills - ability to follow direction and good communication skills are required.
- A highly motivated staff member that is willing to work on a team, and willing to work with others to teach and learn new skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, immunology, biology, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas and a minimum of five years of experience in a directly relevant setting.
- Master's degree in a relevant field and three years of directly relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree and experience.
- PhD in a relevant field may be substituted for bachelor's degree and experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Columbia, MO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and PTO,and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our websitewww.eurofinsus.com.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.