Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
The Staff Accountant supports Finance & Accounting leaders by performing routine tasks to support day to day operations and department objectives. Assists with audits, period end, quarter end and year end process. Maintains and balances financial information by inputting and verify data. Gathers, prepares, and maintains financial and key metric reports/records utilizing various systems and tools. Develops spreadsheets reports and validates for accuracy in a timely manner. Responsible for Accounts Payable transactions which include processing payments and accruals accurately and timely. i.e. Purchase Cards. Conducts initial research to assist internal customers; escalates to F&A Leaders as appropriate. Assist with financial and operational assignments as requested, as well as, monitoring the sites control environment. . Conducts analysis and assists in preparing general ledger entries by maintain records and files which include reconciliation accounts.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security
of guests and coworkers. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with
others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Policies and Procedure
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Working with Others
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
General Finance and Accounting
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIESAnalytical Skills
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Record, store, and/or analyze information using property software.
- Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Generate finance/accounting reports from computer system as needed.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers.
- Code documents according to company policies and procedures.
- Arithmetic Computation
- Computer Skills
- Team Work
- Interpersonal Skills
- English Language Proficiency
- Form, Report, and Log Completion
General Finance and Accounting
- Detail Orientation
- Time Management
- Microsoft Office
- General Accounting
High school diploma/G.E.D.OR
Associates Degree, Finance/Accounting preferredRelated Work Experience
1-2 years related work experience
0-1 years related workSupervisory Experience
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture