RELAXED WORK ENVIRONMENT, DEDICATED TEAM, & GROWING COMPANY
The Senior Technical Consultant will provide world-class support to existing and potential customers. Technical aptitude, problem solving abilities, customer relationship skills are imperative to success in this role. These skills will enable our Senior Technical Consultant to respond to client inquiries ranging from basic questions about technology, to troubleshooting complex problems related to our products or connectivity issues. Acting as the customer advocate, outstanding communication skills and the ability to work independently, will ensure that our customers' needs are met in a timely manner, providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Take ownership of each customer request and manage their expectations to ensure timely resolution.
- Collect and review system data such as job logs, log files, and history reports. Analyze for known issues using platform-specific logs, error messages and problem resolution skills.
- Collaborate with team members on problem identification, analysis and resolution.
- Work independently to resolve customer issues by presenting possible solutions.
- Conduct product demonstrations with prospective customers and act as technical liaison for regional sales managers.
- Present online or in-person training sessions.
- Consult with customers to facilitate changes for best practices and identify other HelpSystems' software products that might address their needs.
- Work with management and team to inform them of customer issues requiring special attention.
- Obtain certifications on products assigned.
- Represent the Company and products in a professional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Provide triage support for several products in the HelpSystems portfolio to eliminate wait time and provide the best customer experience.
- Stay up-to-date with hardware and software features.
- Assist with testing.
- Respond to emergency, after-hours support requests on a rotating schedule.
- A four-year degree is preferred. Equivalent work experience and accreditations will be considered.
- Expert product knowledge.
- Previous software support or pre-sales engineering experience.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work successfully with external customers.
- Strong telephone etiquette, verbal and written communication.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Collaborator and ability to work within a team setting.
- Ability to document problem resolution and other materials.
- Experience with FTP, FTPS, SFTP and managed file transfers.
- Experience with Job scheduling, business process automation, workload automation.
- Support or administration of Windows, MS SQL, Unix/AIX, or IBM i/IBM Power System servers.
HelpSystems is passionate about making life easier for modern organizations and improving the lives of our customers. As a seven-time Star Tribune Top Workplace we are dedicated to making our employees happy by offering great benefits, fun company culture, and transparency from our leadership team. When working at HelpSystems you will have the opportunity for an upbeat office environment with A LOT of perks, such as professional development, equity program, employee recognition programs, and more!
Check out our website to learn more about HelpSystems and apply by visiting our Careers page. We encourage you to check out our Glassdoor page as well.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.