Call For Resumes:
Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex defense systems, is currently accepting applications for an anticipated Software/Systems Engineer role requiring 7+ years of experience for a position in support of its innovative automated solutions. This position offers an engineer the opportunity to utilize his/her knowledge and talents as part of a collaborative team developing software for a growing company.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Lead development of software solutions by understanding customer and program intent and requirements
- Work closely with the Program Manager and Chief Engineer to design and implement software requirements and solutions
- Design, develop, and implement computer software systems
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Responsible for the software design, quality, and performance meeting requirements
- Mentor more junior engineers and take responsibility for developing your team
- Work with minimal supervision to implement best-in-class solutions
- Work closely with the rest of the development organization to ensure top-notch software quality and implement best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Math. Master's Degree in Engineering or other technical field highly desired.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience in technically rigorous environments
- Strong computer science fundamentals with a mastery of enterprise and platform-level development
- Experience with complex systems and a fluency with contemporary programming languages, development environments, and architectures
- Experience in application development with Java or C++
- Experience in application development in a Linux or Windows environment
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS
- Experience working in on a Scrum team in an Agile environment
- Experience with SysML, UML, and associated tools (e.g. Rhapsody)
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with application container platforms
- Familiarity with continuous integration/delivery tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with version control tools (e.g. Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Familiarity with VMware or other virtualization software
- Experience developing applications for DOD command and control systems
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Attention to detail
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, teamwork
- Ability to adapt to and thrive in a fast-paced environment
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.