Sr. Process Engineer
Huntsman's Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a new Sr. Process Engineer for our site located in Akron, Ohio.
As the Sr. Process Engineer, you will:
- Provide technical support to production units and site utilities.
- Track OEE and recommend / lead RCAs to eliminate major and repeat causes of efficiency loss, scrap, and downtime.
- Introduce new products to production lines: Work with other departments and workgroups as needed to safely transition new products into production on schedule. This includes developing a scope of work, initiating MOCs / PHAs/PSSRs, preparing / revising costing estimates, reviews of environmental / regulatory requirements, development of SOPs and batch sheets, training of operations personnel, scheduling and coverage of plant introduction trials, and communication of trial results and recommendations with other work groups.
- Propose and implement projects to optimize unit operations and improve safety.
- Gather and report environmental / regulatory data as needed for reporting.
- Understand and troubleshoot unit operations- batch reactors, stripping, mixing, automation, and pumping.
- Understand and troubleshoot chemistry challenges with the process.
- Active participant in the Site EHS integration plan into Huntsman Policies and programs
- Assist with trouble shooting batch charging and batch recipes.
- Provide technical support to Project Engineering group in the development of project scopes and equipment / instrument sizing and specification.
- Participate in site-wide improvement initiatives by performing engineering studies and providing technical and project support as needed.
- Backup Production Engineers on a temporary basis as special needs arise.
- Lead, participate in, and assign incident investigations as needed.
- Participate in revalidation PHAs as a technical process resource as needed and address risk reduction efforts.
- Develop performance of direct reports as assigned by setting meaningful and measurable PDP goals and objectives that are aligned with site and business goals. Also, provide feedback and developmental opportunities for direct reports to reach their full potential.
- Develop strategies to strive for the highest standards of customer service and drive continuous improvement in the reliability and capability of processes and products.
supervision and high level
Skills and experiences required:
- Ability to Lead other Process Engineers.
- Strong Root-Cause analysis skills with corrective actions.
- Strong statistical analysis skills including implementation of SPC for critical process parameters.
- Ability to work closely with the Quality Control Manager for Customer Relations.
- Proven understanding of the Chemical Engineering Principles in our Unit Operations.
- Ability to leverage outside vendor engineering expertise for equipment performance.
- Influence, without direct authority, site priorities and improvements.
- Ability to justify Capital via ROI documentation.
- Strong communication skills - Professional Presentation & Technical Writing.
- Drive a culture of EHS excellence within the Operations team, where EHS is part of the fabric of who we are and is part of everyday activities. Ensure compliance with EHS federal and state laws as well as all corporate standards. This is a leadership position that will have a strong impact on the attitude and actions of direct and indirect reports towards safety.
- BS Chemical Engineer with five to ten year chemical process engineering experience.
- Leadership Qualities (ability to take ownership and take decisive action within a team mindset).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills (can take data, input that is not well organized and organize it in a way that makes analysis possible. Proactively solve problems).
- Project Experience (demonstrated ability to go from theoretical idea to implementation in the field and prove operation. Demonstrated generation of ideas).
- Strong understanding of unit operations- stripping, mixing, automation, pumping, and instrumentation.
- Business minded.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (communication, relatable, builds strong network across resource groups).
- Practical application of Process Safety, OSHA, and EPA regulations.
- Previous plant supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience with OEE, continuous improvement and Lean tools.
- Requires a high level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs.
- Use of SAP, LIMS, Pi, and other math/engineering programs as needed.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience is preferred.
- Displays initiative, is an agent of change, and self-motivated to exceed expectations.
- Must demonstrate effective, logical, independent, and superior engineering analysis and reasoning capabilities.
- Presentation skills, both oral and written including communications to personnel at all levels of the Huntsman Corporation and third parties.
- Requires solid leadership skills and the ability to manage both vertically and horizontally.
- Strong communication skills to interface with all levels of the organization - shop floor through management.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.Additional Locations:
This job has expired.