Job Description Summary
The Sr. Methods and Procedures Analyst (Enterprise Architecture) develops, enhances, and optimizes processes, methods, systems and procedures used to support and operate the business of Enterprise Architecture. Will be the go-to-person for the Enterprise Architecture team regarding how to use the Lamb Weston architecture tool suite to effectively and efficiently perform all architecture responsibilities. The candidate will administer, configure and mature the EA tool suite to meet evolving LW IT needs, nested within the LW enterprise environment, which includes the service management environment, project portfolio environment and the enterprise analytics environment. This person will be the steward of the architecture information and knowledge repositories, providing best practices for generating architecture data and artifacts, especially for project solution designs. This will include reporting, BI and metrics management to monitor progress and assist the IT organization in leveraging the capabilities of the EA tools to their fullest extent.
The current EA tool suite includes LeanIX, ServiceNow, Visio, O365 and SharePoint, with relationships to the LW analytics S3, Snowflake and DOMO solutions. That set of tools will evolve over time. It is not as important for the candidate to be immediately familiar with those current tools and technologies as it is to be familiar and comfortable with the concepts they represent, especially for the management of architecture data and artifacts. The candidate is not expected to be an expert in any architecture domain but must be comfortable working with architects and other subject matter experts to effectively describe related architecture designs across all architecture domains - data, analytics, applications, integrations, infrastructure, network, security.
- Stewardship of architecture data and artifacts.
- Maturation ofthe EA tool suite.
- Creating, streamlining and simplifying tools and processes to operationally capture accurate, evergreen architecture data and artifacts.
- Keep current with architecture knowledge management industry best practices and offerings.
- Curator of the LeanIX Enterprise Architecture environment.
- Maintain integrations with other enterprise tools for reporting and data exchange (ServiceNow, SharePoint, Data Lake).
- Oversee release management scheduling with testers/change manager and ops.
- Drive adoption of new functionality and standard reporting.
- Manage Problem/Incident lead; ensure appropriate metrics on incidents are provided and leadership for SWAT calls for problems is adequately provided.
- Oversee the creation and management of the architecture services catalog.
- Establish defined service levels; create and maintain catalog for supported systems, etc.
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics.
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships.
- Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts and negotiate with others.
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness.
- Highly developed skills in priority setting and alignment of project priorities with Departmental strategy.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals.
- Minimum: 5 years working with IT solution designs, preferably using EA tools, preferably LeanIX.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management preferred
- Understanding of how IT solutions are generally structured and of how to capture related data and designs.
- Ability to work with technical experts (architects, developers, etc.), guiding their use of EA tools to capture data and designs.
- Effective written, verbal, presentation and listening skills.
- Familiarity with using Excel, PowerPoint and Word to communicate technical concepts.
- Familiarity or ability to quickly become familiar with using Visio to communicate technical concepts.
- Familiarity with scripting languages, SQL query and data visualization tools.
- Familiarity with modern software development programming languages a plus.