Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The Developer Integrations and Ecosystems Engineering team team is looking for an experienced technical leader to lead and guide a team of strong engineers to build a world class experience, tools and environment for millions of Paypal developers. Customers around the world depend on PayPal's developer tools, SDKs, and APIs to keep their businesses thriving, and developers working with PayPal's products need a developer experience that is easy to understand, consistent, simple to integrate, and innovative to be successful.
You and your team will play a pivotal role in building and evangelizing the next generation of PayPal's developer experiences. You will be responsible for building and contributing reference apps, evangelizing and improving developer engagement and building an outreach program. We're looking for someone who is eager to learn and able to master many technologies and has a strong focus on understanding what our customers want. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards, empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect.
The Developer Integrations and Ecosystems Engineering team is creating the future of the developer experience at PayPal. Customers around the world depend on PayPal's developer tools, SDKs, and APIs to keep their businesses thriving, and developers working with PayPal's products need a developer experience that is easy to understand, consistent, simple to integrate, and innovative to be successful. We partner with teams that build and own the best-in-class solutions offered across PayPal to find common ways of expressing PayPal's products to our customers.
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space. Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Our teams are geographically diverse and adept at collaborating across long distances. Some of our teams utilize pair programming, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you; teams that don't utilize pair programming still emphasize collaboration as key to building quality solutions.
We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department - developers test, release and monitor their own code.We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.The Role:
We are looking fora passionate,highly talented, self-driven,andproven tech leader to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for leading a distributed engineering team, hire and retain exceptional talent and grow a high-performance team. You will co-own deliverables of the roadmap with other engineering managers and be accountable for the successful delivery of features developers working with PayPal will use every day.
You and your team will play a pivotal role in designing and building the next generation of PayPal's developer experience for our customers. You will be responsible for building and delivering reference applications, maintaining and contributing to open source, evangelizing and driving engagement and outreach.You and your team will develop materials and content for video tutorials and have active social media and blog presence. We're looking for someone who is eager to learn and able to master many technologies and has a strong focus on understanding what our customers want. What we look for in you:
- Lead the Developer Relations under Developer Integrations and Ecosystem Engineering organization, working with Product and Design to define product roadmap and build a cohesive end to end experience for the PayPal Developers Portal. That includes managing collaboration across teams as needed and resolving competing priorities.
- 4+ years managing software development teams
- 6+ years of web client and tools engineering and product development experience with strong delivery track record of high-quality consumer products at scale.
- Experience in managing and operationalizing complex production environment
- Experience in developer-facing products (e.g. SDKs, REST APIs, GraphQL) or products that enable third-party application development are great to have but not required
- Lead the organization to constantly deliver top quality client products on time and on budget. Bring predictability to the team's overall performance and delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including Extreme Programming practices like Iterative Development, Continuous Integration (and Deployment) and Test-Driven Development.
- Hiring, developing & retaining top talent and be responsible forthe overall team structure. Coach and mentor managers and individual contributors.
- Guide decisions on overall technical plan, including architecture and technical strategy.
- Own and enhance development processes to ensure the quality of products and code, enhancing the engineering discipline of the team.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly to our products.
San Jose, California, United States of America
Austin, Chicago - Merchandise Mart PlazaWe're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
This job has expired.