Summary of role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking a highly skilled and motivated equipment/maintenance technician to be a part of the post fab manufacturing equipment technician team. The equipment/maintenance technician role is to sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. Technician position will be working in a compressed week of 12-hour shifts in our 24/7 advanced manufacturing facility. This posiiton will be located in East Fishkill, NY.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Actively participate in continuous improvements processes, learning and skills development.
- Strong team member, able to work well with global team, and other duties as assigned.
- Perform all activities in safe and responsible manner, and support all environmental, health, safety, security requirements and programs
- Education: High School Diploma, focus in science, engineering and math.
- Experience: 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work on an 12-Hour shift schedule including working in a clean - room environment per semiconductor industry and Global Foundries protocol/requirements.
- Able to wear all required clean-room protective clothing and equipment throughout a 12 hour day (excluding breaks).
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis through-out the shift.
- Able to perform work in a standing position for a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks).
- Language Fluency - Fluent in English Language - written & verbal.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.