Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking RF/mmWave IC Design engineers to design PA, LNA, Switch, and mixer circuits along with Transmitter, Receiver and VCO/PLL sub-systems using leading edge IC technologies such as SiGe BiCMOS, RFSOI, and FinFET. This design effort involves identifying, designing and demonstrating circuit and system architectures synergistic with GLOBALFOUNDRIES RF/mmWave process technology and emerging market RFIC requirements. Utilizing production and early release Process Design Kits (PDKs), technology and enablement, you will design product-relevant demonstration hardware achieving industry-leading core functionality while driving the associated technology definition and design enablement. You will provide feedback to Technology Development and PDK teams to optimize the technology and its enablement for our customers. You will also demonstrate results that meet or surpass competitive product performance to strategic foundry customers accelerating time-to-market on GLOBALFOUNDRIES silicon.
Qualifications Required Qualifications :
- Collaborate with product management and systems engineering to define critical performance requirements for next generation wide-area, local-area, ultra-low power and high throughput wireless standards.
- Develop state-of-the art Foundry Reference Designs for applications such as WiFi-6, 5G/Cellular, SatComm, and Auto Radar, etc. These will form the basis for RF/mmWave circuit, block and subsystem level designs for emerging radio transceiver requirements.
- Design, implement and tape-out the relevant Foundry Reference design prototypes on internal test chips and MPWs.
- You will do physical design of critical elements of circuitry, and/or work with physical design and verification engineers to complete the physical design.
- Perform electrical verification and modifications to meet specifications.
- Characterize initial silicon and/or work with external test engineers for comprehensive testing of sufficient quantities of ICs to demonstrate achievement of critical performance requirement.
- Analyze characterization data and document results for sharing.
- Work with design partners and customers to communicate design and technology value propositions regarding performances of the Foundry Reference Designs designed by you and the broader team.
- Work with collaborators at research institutions and universities to push the performance envelope in related fields and future applications of the GF differentiated technology.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- PhD from an Accredited College and or University in Electrical Engineering, Solid State Physics, Science or Related Technical Discipline
- 0 -1 Years of Relevant Experience (ex: RF, MMWave, Mixed Signal Design Transmitter, Receiver or VCO/PLL circuit block operating from 1GHz to 100GHz)
- 0 -1 Years Design Knowledge of next generation cellular and connectivity standards and modulation schemes
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Familiarity with communication standards such as 3GPP 5G or other relevant specifications.
- Ability to perform millimeter wave, RF, and/or analog mixed-signal simulation and verification.
- Ability to work with early release PDKs and technologies.
- Experience with one or more CAD tools and frameworks from Keysight, Cadence or Mathworks for effective calculation and verification of critical design parameters.
- Knowledge and experience with one or more electromagnetic simulation/extraction tools such as those from Lorentz, AnSoft, Keysight etc.
- Experience with lab characterization of RF/mmWave, Analog, and/or Mixed-Signal integrated circuits.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
Procedure: All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.