Vertiv is hiring a Sr. Continuous Improvement Specialist in Westerville, OH to lead complex and strategic project programs within the corporation's America Service Business. This position leads and implements projects to improve business performance in alignment with key initiatives across the organization. This role is part of a highly skilled team of change agents working with all functional areas of the business as well as customers and suppliers. This position manages execution of appropriate strategies, tactics and operational initiatives that continuously improve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- The right candidate will possess excellent leadership and facilitation capabilities, customer centricity, problem solving skills, data analysis skills, and experience in the implementation of change initiatives, workflow simplification, process improvement and project management.
- Build and lead Continuous Improvement activities and learning plans to advance the maturity of a culture of continuous improvement, working with senior leaders and business unit stakeholders.
- Plan, facilitate, and manage business process improvement initiatives using lean and/or six sigma methodologies.
- Identifies gaps in performance verses best practices and then works with all levels of the organization in establishing and executing a strategy for improvement.
- Assists with the assessment of the current state of the operations/department work.
- Develops future state vision and drives and monitors the implementation plan.
- Facilitates the prioritization, scope and planning of specific improvement projects coming voiced by the business.
- Leads other organizational improvement teams both directly on selected projects and through other team leads as needed.
The successful candidate will reflect and embrace Vertiv's Values and Behaviors: OUR VALUES
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (ASQ/company certification or Equivalent)
- BS or BA Degree
- Minimum Experience: 5-7 Years' experience of progressively responsible assignment sin leading Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement projects
- Proficient in using word processing, spreadsheet, statistical analysis, and presentation software
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Ability to work within a matrix management environment
- Work with minimal supervision
- Proven track record of operational execution
- Working knowledge and proven application of the principles and philosophies of Lean Six Sigma
- Ability to understand customer / client issues and creatively apply solutions to real-world issues with world-class results
- Project Management Skills - Ability to organize and schedule people and tasks; Use goals to guide actions and create detailed action plans; manage multiple projects
- Ability to foster cross-team learning and team building skills
- Execution orientated, with a strong sense of urgency around tangible results
- Able to demonstrate leadership without formal authority
- Strong written and oral communication / presentations skills
- Work well in a team environment, with sound negotiation and issue resolution skills
Excellent Facilitation skills
- Polished interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts
- Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations; Find a win-win approach
- Strong customer focus - understand what drives customer satisfaction and prioritize customer needs
- Ability to assume a role of authority as necessary; advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved; delegate responsibility and empower teams to make decisions; provide constructive feedback to others
- Ability to apply systems thinking to generate solutions; focus on process rather than isolated events; Use tools to define problems; Be systematic in identifying problem areas and opportunities
- Being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
- Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- Office and manufacturing work environment. Potential Travel, to include international travel up to 10%
- Acting Like an Owner
- Assuming Positive intent in all employee interactions
- Being passionate about your work
- Challenging yourself in personal development
- Being tireless in exceeding customer expectations
- Assisting others to be successful as a team
- Owning our own mistakes quickly
- Talking with people and NOT about them
- Creating a culture where people can be their best
- Be self-aware and learn
- Embrace the customer experience
- Think and act broadly
- Drive change and innovation
- Leverage diversity for organization effectiveness
- Foster collaborative relationships
- Take intelligent risks
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
This job has expired.