Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
The Clinical Account Manager (CAM) position is focused on driving business growth through clinical support to health care providers, including Physicians, Certified Diabetes Educators, Pharmacists and other health care professionals (HCP). The CAM will provide education and training regarding DEXCOM personal and professional products. The CAM is an extension of a collaborative Sales team. A successful CAM will have clinical and professional acumen necessary to meet the training and sales goals, while exceeding business objectives, in an assigned district. The CAM will be comfortable collaborating with both internal and external customers and be able to assess their needs accurately.
The CAM provides detailed, technically complex information to HCPs to facilitate the beneficial therapeutic relationship between the patient, provider and company. The CAM will perform training, education, and support to HCP virtually and/or face-to-face, using a variety of technology, including video conferences, conference calls, webinars, and phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- High volume, inbound communication from Physicians, Pharmacists, and other Health Care Providers about CGM
- Ability to network with internal and external colleagues across multiple disciplines
- Training and on-boarding for Health Care Professionals
- Train HCPs on Dexcom professional products, software, and mobile technology
- Drive collaboration and maintain consistent open lines of communication across assigned responsibilities
- Facilitate training one-on-one and in large groups
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Must Reside in Sales Territory
Focuses on driving business growth through clinical support to health care providers, including physicians, Certified Diabetes Educators, Pharmacists and other health care professionals, based on guidance from field sales leadership. Provides education and training regarding personal and professional products. Performs training, education, and support to HCPs virtually and/or in person, using a variety of technology, including video conferences, conference calls, webinars, and phone. Complies with applicable laws in providing physicians with literature. Builds relationships with customers to influence the acceptance and use of company's products in collaboration with the field sales representative(s).Functional/Business Knowledge
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Demonstrates further technical development and a track record of project success.
- Demonstrates an ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Considered a specialist in the field within the function.
- Assists in determining objectives of assignment. Plan schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Networks with senior internal and external colleagues in own area of expertise.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Ability to multi-task effectively, and to work both independently and in a team environment. Strong attention to detail by being exact, precise and accurate. An individual must demonstrate good judgement and techniques for obtaining results and be able to assist in determining the objective of an assignment. An individual in this position would be considered a 'subject matter expert' on Continuous Glucose Monitoring. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential function. Also requires willingness to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends and/or evening work.Education and Requirements
- Required license in one or more fields: Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES), Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Dietitian (RD), Physician's Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Direct experience and expertise working with continuous glucose monitoring therapy
- Extensive knowledge of diabetes and therapies
- Competency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Video conferencing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Prior sales and/or business experience preferred
- Preferred experience in the medical device industry or pharmaceuticals
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
This job has expired.