Sr. Analyst, Reporting & Analytics - FIN001167
As part of the Finance department, the U.S. Cellular® Shared Analytical and Data Services team (SANDS) is comprised of highly technical resources with diverse backgrounds in data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, data science, forecasting, and CRM. The SANDS team is responsible for delivering data solutions, analytical tools, campaign execution, and business insights to our stakeholders in Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, and Sales Operations. The Sr. Analyst, Reporting and Analytics is responsible for Ad-hoc analytics and reporting as well as delivering critical data projects, and end-user computing application development. The individual will work on complex assortment of analytical and systems development initiatives which require highly complex data investigation and programmatic manipulation to respond to business questions or operational challenges posed by key stakeholders across the organization. This role requires hands-on programing, data manipulation, and analytical skills to deliver ad-hoc reporting, ETL, executive dashboards, and data visualization projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team members to support both enterprise and departmental projects that involve ad-hoc reporting, analysis, ETL, end-user-computing application development, and/or data visualization.
- Complete needs analysis and requirements gathering process with stakeholders, and then code, test, deliver, and support technical processes to extract new data and complete ad-hoc analyses.
- Present ad-hoc analysis results or end-user computing applications directly to stakeholders.
- Leverage advanced knowledge of SQL, SAS, Tableau and other tools to develop business metrics, KPI's (e.g. Gross Adds, Churn, ARPU/ARPA, cost to serve).
- Complete geographic and customer analysis, life-time value, behavioral profiling and segmentation analysis across Sales, Marketing, Roaming, and Finance .
- Develop, test, and execute programing methods and procedures to support requests for product and price plan auditing, analysis, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Development of SQL, MS Visual Studio, and SharePoint applications for the Finance Organization (300+ associates).
- Works independently to analyze and interpret project needs, determines scope and report / analysis content; maintain regular communication and coordinate with team members and stakeholders throughout project.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (computer science, operations research, statistics, economics, computational finance, etc.) required; or equivalent analytical, programing, or business experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on technical experience, including complex analysis, and development of end-user. computing application projects; ability to manipulate large, complex data structures to meet business reporting and auditing requirements; ability to convert functional requirements into technical design; experience in ETL process development.
- Ability to transform raw data into actionable insights that translate directly to improved business results
- Advance knowledge of RDMS, Billing, and ERP systems with 5+ years' experience in data extraction and manipulation from these systems using tools such as SQL, SAS.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with ad-hoc analytic, reporting, and data visualization tools (Cognos or Tableau preferred), as well as experience developing EUC applications with the MSDN application development environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think analytically and technically about a qualitative or quantitative business problem and apply mathematical, business, technical, and industry acumen to develop solutions and EUC applications.
- Exceptional time and project management experience, including the ability to break down complex problems into. milestones, prioritize work, maintain progress, and communicate status as well as results across stakeholder teams.
- Knowledge of Hadoop and Big Data technologies preferred (Hive, Map Reduce, Impala, etc.)
- Knowledge of applied financial techniques to measure business impact preferred (e.g. ROI, NPV).
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access required.
- Prior experience in wireless industry or similar service provider preferred.
: Finance Location(s)
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.