EMCOR Services Scalise Industries, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a premier single source provider of mechanical construction services in Pennsylvania. From testing and servicing to complex construction projects, EMCOR Services Scalise Industries utilizes their extensive expertise, trade knowledge, and resources to provide clients with integrated construction solutions that help them stay competitive in today's market.
Job Title: Special Projects - Service HVAC Estimator
EMCOR Services Scalise Industries has an immediate need for a Special Projects Service HVAC Estimator. This position will assist in preparing accurate and timely material and labor estimates for HVAC systems. The incumbent will interact with vendors to compile a responsible and accurate estimate of costs for projects consistent with the project plans and specifications.
General Functions and Responsibilities:
- Follow estimating department processes and procedures.
- Review plans and specifications for projects bidding.
- Complete computerized bid reviews for project bidding by requested dates, including major equipment tally sheets.
- Prepare scopes of work where applicable and note special conditions.
- Attend pre-bids, make site visits and fill out site visit checklist.
- Perform computerized takeoffs.
- Involve trade superintendents on projects where required as directed by Supervisor.
- Contact vendors and subcontractors to assure adequate pricing for the projects and adequate scope coverage.
- Review incoming scope prepared by vendors and subcontractors for compliance with contract requirements.
- Assemble and evaluate all labor data for final use and input into estimate file.
- Note any special conditions or considerations taken while in take-off mode on drawings.
- Assist in preparing schedules and manpower loading and assembly of bids.
- Assist in preparation of turnover meetings with project managers and help prepare documents for turnover.
- Assist in take-off of work in place estimates of ongoing work as required by construction group.
- Maintain accurate and organized files on all projects estimated.
- Forge and maintain relationship with vendors and subcontractors to promote partnering.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the Trimble Auto Bid Estimating System. Acquire the ability to operate the systems through constant training.
- Continually train and increase ability to estimate HVAC and/or Plumbing projects.
- Manage time and deadlines effectively in accordance with estimating schedules.
- Assist in writing scope letters for projects bidding.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list positions a www.emcorgroup.com. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.
- Technical School training, College education, or Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred.
- Experience in cost estimating of mechanical or plumbing systems a plus.
- Overall, this role will support a cooperative working climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
- Track record of initiative and establishing priorities, and ownership of work is essential.
- Ability to maintain flexible and positive attitude towards assignments.
- Excellent Excel skills, experience working with Microsoft Outlook for e-mails, scheduling, and use of Trimble Auto Bid Estimating System a plus.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, customer service skills to serve both internal and external customers.
- Effective problem-solving ability to research and satisfactorily resolve issues.
- Must exhibit attention to detail and commitment.
- Excellent work ethic and adherence to company policies.