Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Space Systems Administrator is responsible for managing and updating the University's space management database; accurately auditing, recording, tracking and reporting space allocations; the physical verification and surveys of space; training and managing users of the space system; and developing policies and procedures for modifications to the database. In addition, the Space Systems Administrator assists the Senior Space Planner with space analyses, annual and ad-hoc reporting.
The Capital Planning and Space Management (CPSM) department supports university leadership in the capital planning and capital budgeting processes to ensure annual budgets, multi-year plans and individual projects align with the university's strategic vision. The department manages the official records of over 5.9 million gross square feet of university space and provides analyses of current and future space needs for Boise State. By providing programming studies, space utilization reports and space needs assessments the space management team is able to inform budget decisions that are crucial to the day-to-day operation and growth of the university.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees. Typically hold a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
The Space Systems Administrator must:
• Manage and update the University's space management database through the use of Archibus Smart Client and Web Central.
• Serve as the University's primary interface with the Archibus software and integration vendor; lead procurement and upgrade efforts, and obtain system troubleshooting assistance as needed.
• Provide University space and building records reporting.
• Manage users and permissions for the Archibus database and provide technical assistance and training including the development of user-specific documentation and training materials.
• Develop and maintain standards for drawings referenced in Archibus.
• Perform site visits and field verifications and conduct Annual Space Audits.
• Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Record and classify spaces based on space allocations following new construction, additions, renovations, relocations and departmental/divisional re-organizations
• Assist the Senior Space Planner with space use analyses, studies for office reconfigurations and feasibility studies
• Assist with the preparation of agendas and materials for space planning meetings
• Develop and implement centralized operating standards, and practices, and procedures for updating and maintaining the accuracy of space and building data
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Experience working with software database programs.
• Ability to build comprehensive reports of wide ranging data sets within spreadsheet and database systems.
• Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Must be very detail oriented.
• Strong organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to work with and communicate with people of various knowledge levels from the very technical to the casual user.
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
• Archibus Space and Occupancy Module, Web Central and Smart Client Software
• AutoCad or other Computer-Aided drafting program
• Understanding of the Post-Secondary Education Facilities Inventory and Classification (FICM) methodology of space measurement and classification is preferred
• The ability to read and understand architectural floor plans is preferred
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary $44,574; commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Required Application Materials:
Resume & cover letter
Advertised: September 30, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: November 21, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Standard Time
Posted about 9 hours ago
Santa Maria, California
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago