Location: Richland, MI
The sourcing manager will be responsible for coordinating sourcing needs for new product development projects. Within this role the sourcing manager will establish preferred supplier selection criteria based on supplier evaluations of price, quality, delivery, certifications, continuous improvement and compliance with governmental procurement regulations while developing and maintaining global sourcing strategy. Interview, select, and negotiate with strategic suppliers in response to material requirements/cost issues. Establish procedures to leverage the company's position in strategic supplier relationships. Ensure purchasing strategy reflects the consistent utilization of local suppliers vs. Group strategic suppliers. Act as a liaison for all sourcing activities to design and operations teams.
- Bring strategic direction and drive implementation to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
- Negotiate supplier cost reductions and NRE cost reductions in conjunction with commodity management teams.
- Drive key efficiencies with suppliers and project teams.
- Support additional projects that span across multiple business units.
- Build relationships with a variety of Global R&D engineering teams.
- Lead sourcing/cost analysis and selection process for make vs. buy decisions.
- Identify supply base risk and develop/implement mitigation plans for new products.
- Responsible for embracing and driving lean enterprise systems throughout the procurement process
- Responsible for providing ongoing commodity analysis and market analysis
- Minimum of 5-7 years purchasing/managerial experience.
- 4-year college degree in supply chain management.
- APICS certification (CPIM, CSCP, CPM) preferred.
- Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on products, materials, and services.
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Must have functional understanding of cost accounting and adapt to practical application.
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand the electronic processing.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprises principles and practices.