ECS is seeking a Software Test Engineer to work in our Dahlgren, VA office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS is seeking a Software Test Engineer to work within government FISMA and Agile processes to providing testing and documented functional capabilities, including, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Develop and implement test plan and test procedures based on business requirements
- Test and document features of COTS/GOTS products within a suite of applications
- Test and document features in semi-custom and custom .Net, SQL, various SDKs connections and other development platforms as needed
- Test and document features against web-based applications including full end to end testing
- Develop test data suites for all test areas above
- Develop automated, repeatable tests for all test areas above
- Work within SCRUM and Agile development process management and adherence
- Ability to work with source control program Git to maintain and control test plans and procedures
- Ability to set up and baseline test environments including; SQL databases, web applications, .Net services, and other products that are part of the solution
- Familiar with testing 3-tier architecture
- Team Collaboration with customer, partners, peers, and vendors
- Work to improve corporate software development best practices
- US Citizenship
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must hold current DoDI 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II certification(s) required to work on government IT systems: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, CompTIA Security+ CE, SSCP
- Must hold current (or acquire within 6 months) the appropriate operating system certification for information assurance technical positions as required by DoD 8570.01-M to include any of the following:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Universal Windows Platform
- MCSA: Web Applications
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD): App Builder
- MCSD: Universal Windows Platform (retired)
- MCSD: Web Applications (retired)
- Microsoft Specialist: Programming in C# (retired)
- Ability to design and implement comprehensive test cases for both front end and back end in order to verify complex business logics and algorithms.
- Ability to write and modify codes.
- Familiarity with different testing implementation: E2E, contract testing, security testing, performance testing
- Ability to conduct troubleshooting to assist developers in bug fixing by narrowing down the possible causes.
- Advanced written and communication skills.
- Experience writing formal test plans.
- Three (3) years direct experience in designing and implementing quality control standards for tactical software testing of Navy or Joint Programs.
- Experience with system testing metrics, best practices, and methodologies
- Experience working with software development teams
- Experience participating in requirements and design reviews, developing test plans, writing and executing test cases in a fast-paced software development environment
- Experience conducting data analysis, data verification and problem-solving.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Must be articulate
- Must have strong writing and presentation skills
- Must have a good customer-oriented personality
- Experience with test automation applications such as Test Café Studio, code coverage tools.
- Working knowledge of TFS and RedHat OpenShift
- Experience with performance testing tools include Neotys Neoload, Quick Test Professional (QTP), and HP LoadRunner.
- Proficient with any of the following: Neotys Neoload, QTP, HP LoadRunner, and Performance Center to design and execute performance tests against applications with a multi-tier architecture.
- Expertise in one or more scripting languages (e.g., Unix/Linux, PERL, Java script) and relational database technologies (SQL, schema design)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.