Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT) is a provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems and is seeking a Software Engineer Lead/ Senior Staff to be based in our Arlington, VA office.
This position is based in our Arlington, VA office with support to Government customer meetings and installations throughout the United States. You will join a team of dynamic, leading edge software engineers, system integrators and system engineers. You must have experience with complex systems and a fluency with contemporary programming languages, development environments, and architectures. You will be a key contributor to the development and execution of platform strategies, inclusive of software, programmable infrastructure, security, and operational design. The environment is challenging, and you will lead a team to solve complex problems for this growing business. You will partner with IDT's business areas and other stakeholders to drive planning of the product roadmap, release plans, and schedules. With leadership assistance you will contribute to the development and execution of platform strategies, inclusive of software, programmable infrastructure, security, and operational design.
All applicants must currently possess an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Experience developing methodologies using industry best practices to drive multiple technical initiatives
- Ability to recognize and to organize competing priorities to meet changing customer demands
- Ability to present information to various levels within the company and to customers
- Being an effective liaison between the detailed tasking performed by the junior engineers and senior technical leads and executive staff
- Responsible for maintaining tasking software (JIRA, Bugzilla, MS Project, etc.) with detailed tasking for senior level inspection, discussion and report out
- Preparation, tracking and delivery of contractual deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Minimum 7 years' experience in the development and management of complex software driven systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Master's Degree in Engineering or another technical field desired
- Ability to interface with customers from both a technical and programmatic context
- Ability to convert vague customer requirements into a refined vision and detailed tasking for a technical team
- Comfortable with driving a technical team to milestones while committing to on-time delivery to senior staff and government customers
- Desire to contribute at the leadership level and the technical level simultaneously
- Software architecture and design
- Approximately 20% travel required
- Experience with leading a technical team on one or more DOD platforms
- Experience with enterprise level virtualization technologies, such as VMWare ESXi
- Experience with enterprise level containerization technologies, such as Docker
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code methods using tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Cyber Security knowledge. Awareness with application hardening, security vulnerability scanning, and continuous ATO concepts
- Understand and direct a team providing constructive suggestions as well as receiving and understanding minimal direction
- Work several projects with varied deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication and writing skills
- Attention to detail with high level of accuracy
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.