Cirium is looking for a skilled Software Engineer to join our Flight Data Acquisition team. This team builds and operates a fully-automated system that acquires, normalizes, and interprets a huge variety of data, from hundreds of sources, ultimately building the most complete, accurate, and timely flight data in the world. The right candidate will display a positive, team-oriented attitude, will be hard-wired for quality engineering, be passionate about data, and will have a solid foundation in object-oriented coding skills.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Design, write, test and deploy production-ready code.
- Collaborate with team members to implement appropriate design patterns for new development.
- Work closely with team members and other colleagues to understand use cases.
- Troubleshoot and support the team's existing products, while working toward team priorities.
- Support our deployments by understanding and working with various technologies such as AWS, Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Understand and work with metrics monitoring tools such as DataDog.
- Be an active member of the technical team, contribute ideas and insight in standups and meetings, ask questions, review pull requests, analyze bugs and fixes, and help users and teammates.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
Experience with some or all of the following would be especially valuable:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- Well qualified with SQL.
- Working knowledge of Linux and comfortable with the command line.
- Experience using web services.
- Familiarity with software development processes in a light agile environment.
About the Company:
- Data modeling
- Working with cloud services.
- Handling high-volume data streams
- Developing scalable containerized services.
- Troubleshooting performance, capacity, concurrency or scalability issues.
- TDD and unit testing
Cirium provides data services and end-to-end data solutions to customers serving the global travel industry. The company has established a leadership position as a provider of real-time global flight information, serving airlines and airports, travel agencies, developers, consumers, and more. The company is leveraging the platform and domain knowledge and has expanded into new data sets and new products that deliver value to the company's core markets. We work in an agile, product focused positive environment, and we are well positioned for future growth.Our Environment:
We hire the best talent in the travel and technology industries. To support our talented team, we offer an extraordinary work environment that places trust and respect at the forefront of our company values. These values enable our employees to do their best work by creating an open, supportive environment that promotes creativity. Employees are also provided outstanding benefits, including flexible working hours and a "take it when you need it" time off program that encourages a healthy life/work balance. If that weren't enough, we work in a beautifully remodeled downtown Portland office, which provides lots of natural light and includes a well-stocked refrigerator and snack bar! We think it's a great place to do great work, and if you like the sound of this as well, we encourage you to consider this opening.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.