Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking an Software Engineer to be based in Mt. Laurel, NJ. S/he will work with a fast-paced team of mission-focused engineers to solve some of the DOD's toughest challenges. Initiative, creativity, reliability, and efficient teamwork will be required to successfully deliver innovative solutions in this dynamic customer space.
The selected Software Engineer will be responsible for developing IDT's automated test and analysis for tactical systems and subsystems supporting DOD air and surface warfare platforms such as guided-missile destroyer, guided-missile cruisers, and littoral combat ship. Prior experience with development and test processes of complex systems is beneficial.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- DoD Air and Surface Warfare related software design, development, and analysis
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Integrate software components into a complex software Dev environment
- Implement documented design including coding and testing while adhering to coding standards
- Develop and test Java application operating in real-time environment
- Develop software interface to communicate across Network protocols including TCP and UDP (DDS, etc.)
- Participate and provide feedback in design reviews & code reviews
- 0 - 7+ years' experience in engineering
- B.S. Degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with SQL and relational (MS-SQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc.) databases
- Ability to perform many concurrent assignments and determine the need for changing priorities
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- DoD Air and Surface Warfare software development domain knowledge and experience
- System integration and test experience for complex software applications
- Have hands-on experience with Java/J2EE and object-oriented programming
- Proficiency working with different SW development tools (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, and Nexus, Git etc.)
- Experience with distributed systems, algorithms, and software design patterns
- Understanding of Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience in testing software and test automation
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Ability to work closely with Program Managers and Chief Engineers to document, manage and communicate systems and software requirements
- Attention to detail
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, teamwork
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.