Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Software Engineer to be based in Huntsville, AL. This position is in support of IDT's innovative automated solutions and requires 5+ years of experience. The Software Engineer role offers an engineer the opportunity to utilize his/her knowledge and talents as part of a collaborative team developing software, applied to mission-critical systems, for a growing company.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, develop, and integrate software solutions to support DoD customers. You will join a team of dynamic, leading-edge software engineers, system integrators, and system engineers. You must have a fluency with contemporary programming languages, development environments, and architectures. The main role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative, and performant software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
With leadership assistance you will contribute to the development and execution of platform strategies, inclusive of software, programmable infrastructure, security, and operational design. Software Engineer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality, and writing code in various languages, like Java and C++. The ideal candidate is familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
All applicants must currently possess an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Design, teach, and guide a small team of developers through the technicalities of software implementation
- Learn and understand how complex customer systems function in order to integrate our software with theirs in a reliable fashion
- Develop, integrate, and test applications that are operating in a lab environment
- Support lab-based test and integration activities at customer labs
- Participate and provide feedback in design reviews & code reviews
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in technically rigorous environments
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or another similar technical discipline
- Knowledge of programming paradigms (e.g. Functional, Procedural)
- Experience with Java, C++
- Adept at debugging complex software problems in C++ or Java or Typescript
- Familiarity with SQL and the methodologies of Data Normalization
- Familiarity with application development in Windows and Linux environments
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- Proven experience working with complex software systems
- Experience in DevSecOps, Kubernetes, Java, microservice dev experience
- Familiarity with TypeScript and/or modern web frameworks
- Experience working in Agile Scrum environment
- Experience with application container platforms (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git.)
- Familiar with Issue and Project Tracking software applications (e.g. Jira)
- Self-motivated, highly driven, and disciplined
- Thirst, or an aptitude, for leading
- Excellent analytical, time management, and communication skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Capable of working independently, but able to thrive in a team environment
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.