Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DoD), is seeking a Software Engineer to be based in our Arlington, VA office. S/he will work with senior leadership and a fast-paced team of mission-focused engineers to solve some of the Navy's toughest challenges. Initiative, creativity, reliability, and efficient teamwork will be required to successfully deliver innovative solutions in this dynamic customer space.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, develop and integrate software solutions to support DoD customers. The main role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software which integrates with other system components.
Software Engineer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in various languages, like Java, C++ or JScript.NET. The ideal candidate is familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Design, develop and analyze complex DoD software systems
- Integrate software components into a complex software Dev environment
- Model/code testing algorithms in C++, Python, or Java
- Perform software integration with legacy and third-party applications
- Implement documented design including coding and testing while adhering to coding standards
- Develop and integrate tactical applications operating in real-time environment
- Develop software interfaces to communicate across Network protocols including TCP and UDP (DDS, etc.)
- Participate and provide feedback in design reviews & code reviews
- Minimum 3 years' experience in engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in software engineering, computer science, or related technical field
- Ability to develop software in Java, C++, or Python and other programming languages
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience with distributed systems, algorithms, and software design patterns
- Experience with and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with SQL and relational (MS-SQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc.) databases
- Proficiency working with version control software like SVN, Git, and complex software development environments
- Hands-on experience in deploying and maintaining applications in a mission critical operational environment
- Ability to determine how to install, test, integrate, and deploy the new application
- Ability to perform many concurrent assignments and determine the need for changing priorities
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- System integration and test experience for complex software applications
- Experience programming in one or more of Java, C++, JS, Python, or database design
- Proven experience working with complex software systems
- Experience in testing software and test automation
- Have experience working with F35, F18, F16 systems and applications
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Ability to work closely with Program Managers and Chief Engineers to document, manage and communicate systems and software requirements
- Attention to detail
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, teamwork
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.