Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT) is a provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems and is seeking a Software Engineer to be based in our Arlington, VA office.
This position is based in our Arlington, VA office with support to Government customer meetings and installations throughout the United States. You will join a team of dynamic, leading edge software engineers, system integrators and system engineers. You must have experience with complex systems and a fluency with contemporary programming languages, development environments, and architectures. You will be a key contributor to the development and execution of platform strategies, inclusive of software, programmable infrastructure, security, and operational design. The environment is challenging, and you will work within a team to solve complex problems for this growing business.
All applicants must currently possess an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Utilize software development methodologies using industry best practices to drive multiple technical initiatives
- Recognize and organize competing priorities to meet changing customer demands
- Present information to various levels within the company
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in engineering or related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering
- Experience with complex systems and a fluency with contemporary programming languages, development environments, and architectures
- Experience in application development with Java or C++
- Experience in application development in a Linux or Windows environment
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proficiency working with different SW development tools (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, and Nexus, Git etc.)
- Experience with distributed systems, algorithms, and software design patterns
- Ability to travel approximately 15-20%
- Experience with developing software for complex systems
- Experience with enterprise level virtualization technologies, such as VMWare ESXi
- Experience with enterprise level containerization technologies, such as Docker
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code methods using tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Work within a team providing constructive suggestions as well as receiving and understanding with minimal direction
- Work several projects with varied deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication and writing skills
- Attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Ability to perform many concurrent assignments and determine the need for changing priorities
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.