Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Software Engineer to be based in our Arlington, VA office.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, develop and integrate software solutions to support DoD customers. The main role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative, and performant software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Software Engineer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in various languages, like Java and C++. The ideal candidate is familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Develop, integrate, and test Java applications operating in lab environment
- Support lab-based test and integration activities at IDT in Arlington, VA and on-site in customer labs
- Learn and understand how complex customer systems function in order to integrate our software with them in a reliable fashion
- Participate and provide feedback in design reviews & code reviews
- Minimum 3 years' experience in software engineering
- B.S. in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- Demonstrated capability to work independently in remote environments
- Proficiency with Unix and Linux operating system configuration such as network configuration, firewall configuration, service start/stop, route table modification, software installation
- Familiarity with SQL and relational (PostgreSQL, MS-SQL, Oracle, etc.) databases
- Proficiency working with version control software like Git, and complex software development environments
- Ability to travel to customer sites approximately 25%
- Basic familiarity with foundational networking concepts such as routing, switching, identity services, intrusion detection, and firewall
- Basic familiarity configuring network devices to include VLANs, access control lists, network addressing, and static routing
- Proficiency deploying virtual machines in VMWare vSphere environments including networking configuration
- Familiarity with SQQ-89 and/or Aegis system design and software is desired
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Ability to work closely with Program Managers and Senior Engineers to document, manage and communicate systems and software requirements
- Attention to detail
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, teamwork
- Strong organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.