Software Developer .Net
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Make a difference as Software Developer (Engineering Design)
We recruit you for your personality, your skills and your experience for a career in the company.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward.
We offer to our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks.
If Respect for people, Teamwork and Trust are some values you live by you should consider joining us, the Worldwide leader in Tires!
In this role you will carry out feasibility studies with challenged and validated functional specifications, the evaluate possible solutions from the point of view of costs, deadlines, risks and functional choice criteria.
You will also define, design, build, deploy and maintains relevant & valuable information systems to support business stakes.
We need you for:
· Creates solutions with business value and deployed by understanding & challenging business requirements (hands on business activities)
· Translates business requirements into functional requirements
· Designs and develops the solution by taking into account security and integration rules & Michelin methodologies
· Deploys solutions by contributing to change management, communication and training
· Designs and develops solutions that are stable, performing, scalable, easy to use & operate, easy to maintain and secure
· Ensures developed solutions provides a great user experience
· Provides an incremental approach (Do & Learn) during design and development to manage the lead time
· Implements unit testing for code testing and deployment of components
· Delivers incremental functionalities quickly
· Provides solution Maintenance and support
· Ensure the availability, the performance, and the security level of applications. Application & system support requires on-call support outside of normal work hours and weekends
What do you need to possess for being successful?
Preferably 2-3 years of experience in the field or new college graduated with at least 2-3 co-op/intern rotations or other manufacturing experience.
BS in Computer and Information Science
A demonstrated ability to work with others to gather requirements and translate them into meaningful functional specifications
Intermediate to advanced database design & implementation with knowledge of Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server & MySQL
Experience with administration of the following is a plus: Kubernetes, Power-BI, Power Apps, Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL
Knowledge of OpenVMS, Michelin ePC Platform and Building Management Systems including Structureware, Wonderware, Trane Summit, Metasys BACNet, Lon, OSI Soft Pi
Experience & working knowledge with Microsoft Access & VBA is a plus
Ability to quickly learn the facility's production layout and flow and how they relate to the facility's I/S-based systems
Prior experience in supporting I/S operations in a 24x7 manufacturing environment is preferred
Must be willing to travel around 20% of time when needed (local and international business trips)
Strong written and oral communication skills in English (French, Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus)
Proven track record of project management capabilities.
Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously - Attention to detail is critical!
Must be a team player with a positive attitude
Self-motivated, capable of performing tasks with minimal supervision.
Ability to work well under pressure and handle strict deadlines.
Our Candidate and New Hire Experience Promise:
At each step in your career, you will be guided along your career path to help you build a personalized career plan for the long term… and it starts Now!"
Discover your future - Demonstrate your interest - Meet your future colleagues - Start your Journey!
Know more about our promise:
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of ethnic minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin's status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
· Forbes list of "Most Diverse Place to Work" and "Best Employer for New Grads"
· Fortune list of "World Most Admired Companies"
· Voted on the top 50 Employers list by the readers of Minority Engineer magazine, Women Engineer magazine and STEM Workforce Diversity magazine.
· Top Company for Women to work for in Transportation.
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
· Paternity leave
· Maternity leave
· Tuition reimbursement
· Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
· Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
· 529 college savings plan
· A 401(k) match
· Free tires based upon years of service
· An Employee Assistance Program
· A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Oak Forest, Illinois
Posted about 2 hours ago