The successful candidate will be joining a team of experienced IT professionals managing multiple applications and providing technical services to the University community. Under the supervision of a designated supervisor, this position applies considerable expertise and knowledge of computer programming techniques to analyze, design, develop and maintain technical solutions for various applications which will include the Aurora WordPress web content management system and other enterprise home-grown PHP web applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical expertise and programming skills for the ITS Campus Technology Services area at UConn.
- Provides analysis, design, programming, testing, documentation, and implementation of new features on Aurora and maintenance of existing PHP web applications.
- Provides consulting services to academic and administrative users.
- Reports progress of projects to users, team members, and management of ITS.
- Produces detailed and accurate documentation related to assigned tasks.
- Investigates new technologies relevant to assigned areas.
- Participates effectively as a team member with other units of ITS as well as the University community.
- Assists with strategic planning for implementation and rollout of new features on Aurora
- Promotes a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment, working closely with all levels of application development staff and third-party vendors and teams.
- Takes a leadership role in self-education. Maintains a high level of general and specialized knowledge, extensive training, and significant working experience to make informed technical recommendations.
- Other related duties as required.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate's compliance with the University's Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495672 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on October 22, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.