We are seeking to fill Social Media Customer Support Advocate I positions for customer service work as we strive to fulfill our mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. The Social Media Customer Support Advocate I provides quality, front line customer service by social media contacts from our customers to resolution or, when needed, to escalation. In this role, you will work to resolve customer issues in a way that reduces their effort and values their time. We are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about customer service, want to fix problems, and are excited to take on new challenges.
These positions are in our Customer Support Operations department. We are looking to fill these positions starting in August and will be filling positions through the October time frame and then again after the first of the year.
Starting Pay is $16/hour with competitive benefits and generous paid time off.
This position has the ability to work onsite or remotely. Standard hours are 7am to 4 pm, 8 am to 4:30 pm, 8:30 am to 5 pm, or 9:00 am to 6:00 pm with hours on 7 Saturday/Sunday test dates and expanded hours during peak periods.
What you will be working on:
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- Resolves customer inquiries by clarifying the customer's issue, determining the cause of the problem, selecting, and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution
- Provide solutions for our customers -- students, parents, and educators - who contact us via social media
- Determine when it is necessary to escalate customer concerns to next level for resolution
- Responds to inbound emails from customers to resolve issues using multiple computer systems and applications.
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager
It's a plus if you have:
- At least 1 year of experience in a customer service type work environment
- Basic experience using office productivity software tools (such as Microsoft Office) or other computer technologies
- Familiarity with multiple Web browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari), utilizing multiple tabs, window navigation, and Internet messenger tools
- Collaboration - ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers and team members, and to proactively manage customer relationships
- Initiative - uses self-starter approach, ability to multi-task, proactively anticipates and acts on information and details needed, completes tasks with little to no direction
- Communication - ability to listen, seek understanding, and be responsive through clear and effective communication skills with customers and within the organization as well; ability to handle phone calls, with high frequency during high volume periods, consistently throughout the day
- Change management - ability to be flexible and adapt; manage change and navigate positively in an environment experiencing change at a fast pace
- Ability to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgment, critical thinking, decision-making, logical problem solving and influencing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- If you aren't at work, our customers don't get the support they need - regular and reliable attendance is essential
- High School Diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
Your Work Makes a Difference
- Fluency in Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Customer service experience in a contact center environment
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Experience with or knowledge of Customer Relationship Management platforms and tools
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
Our Customer Support team.... You will be joining a newly structured team that includes both remote and on-site team members. This team works with team members and leaders across the department and organization with a focus on providing the very best learning opportunity for the students, parents, and educators we support.
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry-helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life's transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We're doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we're all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That's why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!
This job has expired.