Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
System Job Title: SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
CLS Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes general knowledge and skill in a discipline area (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) to support team and/or department objectives.
Generally works under close supervision or within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.
Specific Job Summary
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and assisting with development and execution of brand social media tactics. The position requires strong skills in both editorial writing/editing and social media tools and platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and TikTok. This role requires a highly motivated, self-starter with a passion for brand marketing and social media to infuse best practices across all aspects of the organization.
Specific Expected Contributions
Specific Candidate Profile
- Aggregate, organize, and publish content as required to appropriate channels and platforms.
- Moderate social tools and platforms to maximize engagement and identify opportunities.
- Audit field social media channels and engage field social media representatives through targeted communications.
- Assist with campaigns and project development from definition through delivery, including identifying key measures of success.
- Assist with marketing campaign execution, including creative asset development, display advertising trafficking, integrated content program development.
- Assist in kick-off and execution of cross-functional projects that use social media as a distribution channel.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media.
- Vet content contributors and influencers to determine priority and reach
- Source and format photography
- Coordinate updates to department resources, documents and agreements
- Ensure that all social networking strategies are compliant with brand regulations
- Work to ensure consistent messaging between advertising and internally produced communications
- Compile social media reports and analysis
- Manage the updating of social media SOP documents
- Monitor on-going competitive analysis with industry and non-industry companies to research/benchmark how they are communicating with users in the social space.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in social media, community, or interactive marketing
- Understanding of brand marketing
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing for social networking functions
- Experience integrating PR initiatives with social media marketing
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Expertise in writing social media copy
- Photoshop experience
- A passion for social media marketing and other inbound marketing strategies.
- Experience with social media management tools (ie. Sprinklr, Sprout Social, Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.)
- Previous Hospitality Industry experience
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple takes and priorities within specified timeframes.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems and execute against those recommendations
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management skills which includes a sense of urgency and attention to detail to ensure operational aspects of communications runs smoothly
- Proven interpersonal skills with an ability to work with people at many levels and establish the trust necessary to influence and drive business decisions
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture