Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
The Shipping Associate 1 is responsible for performing the physical or administrative/physical tasks involved in the shipping of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Assignments are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. General instructions are given on routine work and detailed instructions are given on new assignments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped.
- Posts weights and shipping charges and prepares goods for final shipment.
- Reads a sales order and follows shipping instructions and understands ship locations, current revisions, incoterms, release dates and ESD requirements.
- Performs basic packaging and is able to identify correct packaging and special packaging procedures
- Crates for air, sea and land and understands special labeling requirements.
- Is familiar with 3 manifest systems and identifies when AES is required.
- Identifies SDS (safety data sheets) for transportation.
- Identifies and is able to produce CE Certs/China ROHS
- Follows basic export regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Requires 6 months to 1 year of experience in shipping.
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsWarehouse environment.
- Requires reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills and basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and Master Control is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Noise level is usually moderate to loud. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with help. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and extreme heat. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.