Location: Detroit, MI
Salary: Flexible/Market Rate (Hourly)
This is a bit of a hybrid Administrator/Developer type of role. Seeking candidates with a little front end experience to help roll out solutions.
Location: Remote to start; will work onsite in Detroit eventually soon
Duration: 6+ months - possible extension
Start Date: ASAP
Interview: 1-2 video interviews and then an offer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create "out of the box" SharePoint Online features, with Modern Communication Sites
• Utilize SPFX framework using Angular and REACT, to enhance UI for requirements not met with Modern Communication Sites out of the box
• Utilize SharePoint Content Management, including managed metadata
• Use audience targeting to drive a meaningful employee location driven user experience
• Use Enterprise Search, including metadata and audience driven search
• Provide suggestions for improvements in processes, procedures and system enhancements/upgrades to help improve the business functionality of internal applications and services.
• Gather requirements from internal users/business units, develop a clear understanding of business needs and determine how those needs can be addressed with internal applications and services.
• Works with manager in completing own annual goal setting and performance review in a timely manner
• Participate in ad-hoc IT Operations related projects or assignments, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Documentation: Proficient in technical writing and documentation.
• Technical Knowledge: Knowledge and experience with various technologies required for the specific role (i.e., Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL Server).
• Time Management: Ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
• Project Management: Basic understanding of project management principles and fundamentals.
• Budgeting/Finance: Ability to gather cost information and assist in making cost estimates.
• Verbal Communication: Ability to compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels, using appropriate grammar, tone, inflection and non-verbal cues, while also listening to and correctly deciphering verbal communication delivered by others.
• Written Communication: Ability and capacity to communicate ideas, facts and data in writing using appropriate grammar, syntax and sentence structure.
• Analytical Thinking: Ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way.
• Results Oriented: Ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards.
• Ethics & Integrity: Ability to behave in a trustworthy & transparent manner.
• Teamwork & Cooperation: Ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team.
• Self-Control: Ability to keep emotions under control and to restrain from negative actions or behaviors.
• Information Seeking: Ability to gain a deeper understanding of work related issues or events by making a concerted effort to gather information and seek out development opportunities.
• Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results.
• Quality Control: Skilled in monitoring and checking work related information and deliverables ensuring high quality and accuracy.
• Customer Service: Ability to understand and help/assist both internal and external customers and meet their needs.
• Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, individuals or groups, as well as understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives.
• Conceptual Thinking: Ability to understand a situation or problem by putting the different pieces together to see the bigger picture.
• Interpersonal Understanding: Ability to understand other's feelings and concerns, and to value individual differences in people.
• Self-Confidence: Ability to express confidence in dealing with challenging circumstances, in reaching decisions or forming opinions and in handling failures or set-backs constructively.
• Organizational Commitment: Ability and willingness to align his/her own behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Must have a baccalaureate degree in a technical field (computer science, computer engineering, information technology, information systems, etc.) from an accredited U.S. college or university, or equivalent foreign institution.
• Must have a minimum of three years relevant work experience.
• Must have an in depth understanding of "out of the box" SharePoint Online features, with Modern Communication Sites
• Previous experience with SPFX framework using Angular and REACT, to enhance UI for requirements not met with Modern Communication Sites out of the box
• Previous experience with SharePoint Content Management, including managed metadata
• Experience with audience targeting, to drive a meaningful employee location driven user experience
• Experience with Enterprise Search, including metadata and audience driven search
Please send qualified resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org