Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with yearly revenues of approximately $7 billion. Today, we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
Did you know....
- Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Metal and glass packaging we produce are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- We produce more than 160 million containers per day across the country?
- Ardagh Metal - Beverage North America produces approximately 15.4 billion cans and 15.3 billion ends each year?
- Approximately 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use today?
- Aluminum cans, with 73%, have the highest recycled content among all beverage containers?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and has a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
Purpose of the Role: Assembly of new machines, rebuilding old machines (and/or modifications to either) as well as subassembly with minimal assistance.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
Cuppers, bodymakers, trimmers, sprayer machines, decorators, necker-flanger/refomers, testers,
Lift trucks, hand and power tools, gauges and measuring equipment.
- Assembly of new machines and rebuild old machines at Ardagh Technical Center and in production facilities during scheduled downtime and during emergency breakdowns
- Disassembly machine components, evaluate the condition for wear and damage, reassembly back using new or reconditioned parts
- Assemble small machine subassemblies or machine tooling for spare part program
- Read schematics, prints and exploded views of machinery and equipment to perform required service.
- Interpret and follow procedural manuals, manufacturer's guides and operation instruction for can making equipment
- Test parts and subassemblies by using templates or using appropriate gauges and instruments
- Report assembly problems by notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources and engineering (when appropriate) to correct drawings
- Recommend process improvements for equipment design and assembly processes
- Operate assembly shop power tools and other equipment during machine build or overhauls
- Ability to work in a team environment during day and nights shift based on production schedule requirements
Ardagh Group North America has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is prohibited.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visitwww.ardaghgroup.com.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.