We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join Huntsman as a Senior Sourcing Specialist for Chemical Raw Materials for our Advanced Materials Division located at our corporate headquarters in The Woodlands, TX.
Huntsman is a global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals. Huntsman serves a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets, including: transportation, home life, construction, energy and fuels, and clothing and footwear. Developed products address customers' needs and help provide solutions to some of the world's greatest challenges. Through four divisions, Huntsman operates in more than 30 countries around the world, employing approximately 9,000 associates.
As the Senior Sourcing Specialist for Chemical Raw Materials you will lead sourcing projects for specialty epoxy chemicals and support additional Purchasing initiatives while following established procurement policies and procedures to optimize overall value for Huntsman.
As the Senior Sourcing Specialist - Chemical Raw Materials, you will:
Skills and Experiences Required:
- Support the Sourcing Manager by collecting and analyzing the business requirements, key cost drivers, supplier capabilities and industry trends to develop and implement category sourcing strategies that will optimize overall value for Huntsman while ensuring supply and quality.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships across the Americas region to ensure business alignment with the category sourcing strategy and ensure continuous improvement of supplier performance.
- Negotiate supply agreements and contracts within the mandate and in line with internal procedures, terms and conditions, expected service levels, quality requirements and financial conditions.
- Create supply agreements in line with legal guidelines. Ensure supplier contracts are approved, stored and maintained according to internal procedures.
- Develop and grow relationships between key suppliers and key business stakeholders to ensure long term value for Huntsman. Identify new raw material sources where appropriate and drive approval through respective processes. Troubleshoot inbound raw material supply chain constraints
- Work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Utilize influencing skills to bridge gaps across functional teams.
- Secure and deploy resources effectively and efficiently. Identify different ways to accomplish work when resources are limited.
- Address difficult organizational and/or business issues and disagreements in a direct and constructive manner. Generate alternatives before settling on a solution and review with stakeholder for agreement. Show support for overall organization activities.
- Collect and analyze complex data to provide meaningful data trends and insights to develop category sourcing strategies. Use key sourcing tools and techniques in line with the approved strategic sourcing methodology.
- Understand and use key financial indicators (TCO, EBITDA, ROI, payment terms, saving measures, etc.) to help make better business decisions.
- Negotiate independently using key negotiating skills to obtain expected business results.
- Develop and track project action plans to ensure projects are delivered on time and with expected results.
- Create key business reports (e.g. KPI measures, project reporting, savings reporting, etc.) that provide meaningful insights to stakeholders and management.
- Use vendor management skills and tools to track and develop vendor performance and vendor relationships.
What Huntsman can do for you:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field with 7+ years' experience in sourcing chemical raw materials, ideally in an international environment. 15+ years of industry experience highly related to chemical raw material sourcing may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree
- Experience/knowledge related to chemical purchasing and/or supply chain preferred
- Requisite enthusiasm and professionalism for representing Huntsman externally and in negotiations with chemical raw material suppliers
- Understanding of chemistry and/or chemicals to adapt to the chemical buying line is strongly preferred
- Direct people management not required but proven ability to work in teams required
- Fluency in English required, additional languages a plus
- Ability to travel on a regular basis and up to 20%
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us!
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local. P
lease refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not makejob offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.
This job has expired.