What you'll do...
Walmart's Global Tech Platform team helps thousands of developers save time and code better, so that millions of Walmart associates can help hundreds of millions of customers save money and live better. We sustain millions of transactions per second, process petabytes of data, and enable tens of thousands of production deployments per day. We simplify the complexities of scale and unify software development for all aspects of the business, digital and physical.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer on our Intelligent Sync Streaming team whose mission is to remove the complexity of provisioning, operating, and maintaining a cloud-based streaming services by providing an automated, lights- out, self-healing solution. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the platform backend services that drive ecommerce for the world's largest retailer. You will be building the next- generation, cloud-based streaming technology capable of supporting transactions for e-commerce and retail stores.
We are a progressive technology group working in an agile environment that is looking for technologists who want to solve complex, high-scale business problems. You must have a go-getter attitude, excellent communication, and a belief that the customer is first. We are looking for an engineer who believes in delivering solid, robust solutions with a sense of ownership.
Managers Preferred Qualifications:
You will sweep us off our feet if you have:
- 4 plus years of software development and/or DevOps Experience
- Bachelor's in Computer Sci or related field
- Proficiency with Java/Scala
- Git or a similar version control tools
- Agile methodologies ( Scrum and Kanban )
- Continuous integration and delivery (Jenkins, GitOps, etc)
- Understanding of distributed systems and the challenges that come with them
- Work experience on Linux/Unix systems
- Proficiency in ANSI SQL
- Documentation Skills
About Global Tech
- Masters Degree
- Proficiency with near real-time stream processing( Micro-services, Spark, Flink, Storm, and Kafka Connect )
- Proficiency with Java, Garbage Collection Systems, and Multi-threading
- Experience with Relational, Document, and Distributed Databases ( Cassandra, MySQL, CosmosDB, Spanner, or Dynamo )
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, Cucumber, or similar) and concepts ( CHO, Integration, Unit, etc )
- Strong grasp of HDFS/Hadoop ecosystem
- Deployment automation tools ( Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Nomad, etc.)
- Experience with Distributive technologies ( Kafka and Spark )
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
This job has expired.