What you'll do...
Walmart aims to revolutionize Health & Wellness, with the goal of making it easier for our customers to live better and healthier lives. We need an experienced software engineer to help us implement the web experience for our customers to access Health & Wellness services. You will be a hands-on self-starter with extraordinary technical skills and a passion for helping make engineering teams effective. As part of a broader unified team, you will have an unparalleled opportunity to impact our product and millions of customers and associates.
What you'll do
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You'll collaborate on small project teams consisting of other engineers to get the job done.
Who You Are
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design.
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions.
- Provides support to the business.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues.
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You want to be a part of the team to disrupt this industry and you have these main skills:
What You Bring
- Extensive understanding of developing front end applications using NextJs/ReactJs with NodeJS.
- Experience using CSS frameworks and component libraries such as Tailwind or Material UI.
- Experience with refactoring/redesigning/rewriting existing applications is a plus.
- Ability to build products with focus on testability, well versed with Jest, React Testing Library and Cypress.
- A disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for adopting the latest features in the technologies that we leverage.
- You are customer-focused and you understand the principles of working in a highly regulated domain like health care
- You have a passion for large and complex problems and how to optimize your customers' experiences
- You have a technical mindset with great attention to detail
- You understand how to use modern development methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
- Experience interacting with your business and product partners to gather the right requirements
- Demonstrated experience in delivering software using Agile methodologies
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Experience working with teams across multiple locations.
- Experience integrating clients with GraphQL APIs.
- Excellent technical abilities with strong business, organizational and analytical skills.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity experts and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make epic impact and are leading the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.
We're Primarily Virtual
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities. Most of our team will make this permanent transition to our hybrid way of working as our new normal.
Our hubs: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Bangalore, India; Bentonville, AR; Carlsbad, CA; Charlotte, NC; Chennai, India; Dallas, TX; Gurgaon, India; Hoboken, NJ; Mexico City, Mexico; Portland, OR; Reston, VA; San Jose, Costa Rica; Silicon Valley, CA; Seattle, WA; and Toronto, Canada. With the acquisitions of Aspectiva and Zeekit, Walmart Global Tech also includes associates based out of Tel Aviv, Israel.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help approximately 220 global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Here at the world's leading retailer, you can make career defining accomplishments, learn new skills, gain experience from virtually every industry and leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail. Discover why we are a world leader in technology, diversity and inclusion, sustainability and community involvement. careers.walmart.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
This job has expired.