What you'll do...
The Developer Platform team, within the Global Tech Platform organization, is responsible for enabling teams to continuously build and deploy code. This team develops & support key products for the CI/CD platform to ensure that the platform can scale to meet the needs of Walmart Global tech and deliver new features to improve developer productivity. The team supports a diverse group of application developers generating a massive workload that include e-commerce and trading platforms, supply-chain logistics, Store Systems, back office applications, etc.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you...
Bring experience with developing and supporting CI/CD platforms at a large scale.
Capable of collaborating across a large organizations to deliver solutions to drive developer productivity.
Strong knowledge of other DevOps platforms and what it takes to implement a delightful solution to your customers.
You'll make an impact by...
Delivering technical innovations to the Developer Platform. The Developer Platform is defined both in terms of how well the engineers' needs are addressed and amplify the ability of Walmart developers to execute their daily tasks by using key technical resources/assets such as tools, libraries, IDEs, build and test tools, tech stacks, APIs, documentation, sample code, tutorials and training, open source tooling, and processes and equally how effective they are in delivering the solutions for (a) design excellence (b) faster builds and integration (c) robust testing (d) rapid packaging and deployment.
You will help drive the platform by connecting the experiences across different core platform primitives to make it cohesive for internal developers, so that Walmart associates can help hundreds of millions of customers to save money and live better.
You will help with building a state of the art platform which comprises of CI/CD Tools, Quality and Compliance test frameworks, resiliency/quality gates, integration/performance test models, accelerators and bootstrap frameworks. and is focused on ensuring the right experience for the developers by providing the right set of platform tools, frameworks, and best practices.
What you'll do...
What you'll bring...
- Lead the development & support software for Walmart Global Tech CI/CD platform.
- Develop front end interface for pipeline visualization using cutting-edge technologies like ReactJs, Redux, HTML, CSS and ES6
- Build n-tier highly scalable, fault-tolerant, Reactive Microservices using Java/NodeJs and RESTful architecture for Walmart Technology Platforms.
- Deliver high quality software by conducting performance testing using tools like JMeter and automate front end testing using frameworks like NightwatchJS and Webdriver.io
- Collaborate effectively with the product team members in delivering key product features
- Direct root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information.
- Be comfortable working in a true "Product" team environment focusing on development and providing support coverage
- Take opportunities to evangelize the product across the US customer base and understand customer needs to make the product more developer friendly
- Actively participate in all agile ceremonies through various phases of software development
- Strive to deliver quality code and improve the overall software development process
- Be self-driven, self-motivated, comfortable with aggressive deadlines
Benefits & Perks
- Minimum 5 years of IT industry experience with a Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in cloud development
- Experience in Kubernetes/Dockers
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Experience with DevOps/Cloud Ops
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
1901 N HENDERSON AVE, DALLAS, TX 75206-7319, United States of America
This job has expired.