Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the group:
Antibody Discovery & Protein Engineering (ADPE) is responsible for the discovery and optimization of next generation biologics to create biological drug candidates for all key therapeutic areas such as oncology, respiratory and inflammation, cardiovascular, renal and metabolic diseases. We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a pass for the development of in-house biologics discovery platforms and novel drug modalities to address unmet medical needs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
In this role you will be part of a team of highly skilled and passionate individuals responsible for innovating and generating the best in class antibody drug conjugates for many therapeutic areas. We are seeking a highly motivated conjugation scientist with background in chemistry and /or antibody engineering techniques.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Conjugation, purification and characterization of ADCs using multiple validated methodologies
- Development and optimization of novel conjugation methodologies to improve ADC properties
- Design and synthesize cytotoxic drug-linkers for therapeutic conjugates generation
- Improve the throughput of ADC synthesis and purification by developing and optimization automated techniques
- Collaborate and work with diverse group of scientists across various therapeutic areas, chemistry and process development to ensure timely progress in research projects and drive technological innovations
Ph.D. in biochemistry, bioorganic chemistry, chemical biology, or related discipline with 1-3 years of industry or post-doctoral experience.Required Skills:
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the design and generation of antibody drug conjugates.
- Working knowledge of characterization using analytical techniques like Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC)-HPLC, Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC), Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS), Ion-Exchange (IEX), Reversed Phase (RP)-HPLC, etc.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of protein purification using HIC, IEX, SEC and affinity chromatography. Experience with GE AKTA FPLC preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with antibody engineering and purification.
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing/troubleshooting protocols with a problem-solving attitude.
- Track record of scientific innovation as evidenced by scientific publications, patents and oral presentations at conferences.
- Experience with antibody selection techniques (phage/yeast display).
- Experience with computational protein engineering or next-generation sequencing (NGS).
- Experience with automation platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and effective presentation of complex. scientific data to cross-functional and senior management.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more
Check out our landing page for more information on our BPD group https://careers.astrazeneca.com/bpd
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.