What you'll do...
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, "Save Money. Live Better," we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable - and we have Walmart's sales data to prove it. Walmart Connect wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart's overall growth strategy.
Walmart Connect (WMC) is looking for a Senior Sales Strategy Manager who will be not only a driver but an effective cross-functional collaborator as they team to a) Support and challenge media strategy through insightful media analyses in partnership with our Yield team, b) identify opportunities for improvement on existing in-market sales activities working with Revenue Operations, Yield, and Measurement Insights & Analytics, c) partner with Product, Product Marketing, and Business Operations on valuation, alpha/beta selection and timing, positioning. You will also be responsible for partnering with WMC's Omni Solutions team on seasonal strategy as well as new integrated experiences.
This candidate will also be the primary WMC "face of Sales" with Walmart Marketing from a general communication and operational reporting perspective. The ideal candidate will be able to understand the qualitative as well as the quantitative aspects of developing a holistic GTM sales strategy. As the Senior Sales Strategy Manager, you will be able to articulate the needs of Sales from the marketer standpoint while balancing the dynamics of operating an ads business within the largest retailer. You'll be able to lead cross-functional teams through conflict to a workable resolution.
The ideal candidate will have a strong baseline knowledge of how a digital media business operates so they have an understanding of the various interdependencies and hand-offs across the functional teams in order to create and implement large scale strategies across a 500+ organization.
- Drive development of annual seasonal strategy with WMC Omni Solutions and Yield.
- Lead development and execution any new integrated marketing and content offerings that are aligned with our overall GTM strategy and existing JBP strategy.
- Manage the operational relationship with the Home Page Marketing team as the primary "face of Sales" to communicate necessary updates, reporting, etc. with the intent of building a strong relationship of partnership and transparency.
- Determine the appropriate GTM strategy and operational integration of new Marketing content experiences or initiatives and Product alphas and betas.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop necessary narratives around key sales initiatives such as our seasonal and annual joint business planning (JBP) strategy.
- Own the operational relationship with the Walmart Home Page Marketing team partnering with Yield Ops to provide ongoing updates and reporting.
- Frame and break down complex business problems into key components, design analysis to drive insights and answers to critical questions, and recommend practical solutions to get results
- Collect & analyze data and information through quantitative and qualitative avenues to make decisions on critical strategic issue
- Support management in strategic, operational planning and ensure decisions align overall WMC sales approach and goals
- Minimum 5 years' experience in digital ads industry in sales operations, sales solutions, sales strategy, account management, monetization, or performance marketing.
- Strong verbal and written communications - able to communicate effectively across varied audience base such as Product, Ad Ops, Marketing, and Leadership.
- Analytically minded and able to use data driven insights along with qualitative inputs to develop a sales strategy that is aligned with WMC's overall GTM narrative.
- Expertise in Excel, Order Management System, Salesforce, SQL relational databases and BI tools like Tableau
- Working knowledge of fundamentals of running a digital media business - trafficking, tracking and reporting processes, measurement, techniques and technologies
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to oversee multiple, simultaneous solutions executed by support teams
- Experience developing or overseeing quantitative analysis and delivering actionable insights
- Self-starter mentality and entrepreneurial spirit with a strong drive for excellence and delivery of results
- Some business insights or analysis
#WMC Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or related field and 3 years' experience in data analytics, project management, business, or
related area OR 5 years' experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area.
2 years' experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Statistical programming languages, Supervisory experience, Working on cross-functional teams
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification Primary Location...
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
This job has expired.