Local Unit & Position Description
We're looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team in developing, testing, and operating an enterprise Asset Performance Management solution used by utilities to maintain and improve the reliability of electrical grids worldwide.
This solution is being rewritten to transform it from a client-server, desktop application with an on-prem, perpetual licensing commercial model to a microservices, cloud native application, hosted & operated in Microsoft's managed Kubernetes service (AKS) with a SaaS commercial model. Our team takes pride in working closely with our utility customers to make it easier for them to do their jobs - maintaining and operating electric grid assets to produce electric power safely and reliably and deliver it to consumers.
Are you interested in:
- Working for a trusted organization, dedicated to safeguarding life, property, and the environment?
- Working for an organization where employees are at the heart of everything we do?
- Working in a collaborative environment with a culture of continuous learning and sharing?
- Working with an exceptional team to deliver world class software to the Electrical Utility industry?
We are seeking someone who is passionate about the art and craft of software testing, who loves to apply their technical knowledge and problem-solving skills to verify and validate the quality of the software produced by the team.What you'll do
Position QualificationsWhat is required
- Contribute to meeting the team's goal of delivering high quality products according to our product roadmap
- Work with the team to develop a test strategy by choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, manual, automated, etc.)
- Be a source of input to product management to help them make decisions about features and releases
- Collaborate with developers to offer fast feedback through pair testing and identify gaps in test coverage
- Work with the cross-functional team to deliver feedback on process changes, especially as they affect the quality of the results
- Coach developers and testers in how to carry out our testing practices
- Automate tests using Playwright with Typescript
What is Preferred
- 5 years of experience developing or testing web applications
- 3 years of experience with test tooling/frameworks (Playwright, Cypress, Postman, etc.)
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Pre-employment drug and background screening
"**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**"What We Offer
- Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, SQL). Typescript a plus.
- Proficient with the basics of source control, such as Git.
- Familiar with basic SQL database structures and queries.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in development, testing, and product management.
- Experience using agile practices in a DevOps environment.
- A clear understanding of test coverage and its relationship to unit test coverage.
- Passion for continuous development of your testing skills and willingness to share that passion with others.
- Take ownership and pride in our products and our relationship with our customers.
- Ability to clearly explain the reasoning behind test decisions to colleagues inside and outside of development teams.'
- Adaptable and willing to contribute to our continuing transition to agile practices in a DevOps culture.
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability)
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from
- Spending Accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA
- 401(K) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Education reimbursement program
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
**Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee electionHow We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (email@example.com). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
For more information
DNV is proud to announce being named one of Houston's best places to work in the 2022 Houston Business Journal - Best Places to Work competition
Read more here
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
Please visit our website at www.dnv.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are a world-leading provider of digital solutions and software applications with focus on the energy, maritime and healthcare markets. Our solutions are used worldwide to manage risk and performance for wind turbines, electric grids, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, ships, and more. Supported by our domain knowledge and Veracity assurance platform, we enable companies to digitize and manage business critical activities in a sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and secure way.
This job has expired.