SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will work within RF/ EMC department performing regulatory testing and certifications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review pre-evaluation documents to understand the objectives of the assignment
- Generate test plans and provide technical support for test personnel
- Interface directly with internal and external clients
- Applies standard engineering principles for product evaluation and testing
- Competently perform RF and EMC testing in accordance with Regulatory Standards requirements (FCC, ISED, and EU)
- Analyze test data and generate test data sheets
- Effectively communicate test report results with customers
- Create client deliverables in the form of test reports, letter reports, and certification reports
- Perform routine operation, maintenance, calibration, qualification, and trouble-shooting of laboratory equipment and instruments, TILE knowledge is a plus
- Conduct multiple projects within tight deadlines
- Coordinate with laboratory engineers, technicians, and/or assistants on sample receiving, logging, pre-treatment, preparation, testing, and other tasks
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
- At all times, adopt a safe behavior by exercising due regard for the health and safety of SGS employees and clients, in line with SGS policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required. Profile of the position (Requirements & Qualifications)
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
This job has expired.
- A minimum BS degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering technology
- 4+ years of experience in RF and/or EMCregulatory testing and certification of wireless products is desired
- Testing and laboratory experience is a plus
- Knowledge of ANSI C63.10; ANSI C63.26; EN 300 328; EN 301 893 is a plus
- Good thinking/problem-solving skills
- Good technical/mechanical skills/aptitude
- High level of written and verbal English
- Good to excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be customer focused
- Work independently and with limited supervision
- Work well as part of a team
- Attend work regularly and predictably
- Windows-based computer programs including MS Word, Excel, and Access