Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Senior Product Manager - Heavy Haul Locomotives will be responsible for driving profitable growth through comprehensive life cycle strategy for heavy haul locomotives. In this role, you will lead cross-functional teams, execute key business growth initiatives, and NPI (New Product Introduction) programs by working closely with customers and the Wabtec engineering, sales, commercial operations, and supply chain organizations.
The Product Manager - Heavy Haul Locomotives will be responsible for product strategy and execution which will enable the product segment for market leadership and strong financial performance (cost, system integration, market penetration, volume, etc.).
In addition, you will:
Qualifications / Requirements
- Set overall product life cycle strategy and road map that optimize profitability while considering product life cycle value propositions
- Be responsible for understanding market dynamics and competition to define the multi-generational product plan (MGPP)
- Create and maintain good customer relationships - work closely with them to solve their problems
- Set margin targets and establish pricing and cost strategy by product
- Drive economic value across products in the segment based on customer needs
- Coordinate and build strong working relations in a matrix organization, including engineering, supply chain, sales, finance, and service
- Drive proactive risk management (operational, financial, product, and program)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college in engineering or business;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in product management, product development, engineering, or commercial within the locomotive or heavy equipment space;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Master's in Business Administration or related discipline
- Domain expertise in locomotives or heavy equipment
- Global leadership experience
- Familiarity with global regulations, competing technologies and customer alternatives
- Well rounded experience - commercial, engineering, quality, finance and operations
- Solid process and program management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams from various regions / functions
- Strong communication skills and confidence with executive presentations with the ability to communicate with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Commercial mind-set
- Strong planning, organizing and priority setting skills
- Working knowledge of German, French, or Spanish
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This job has expired.