Negotiation and Deal Strategy Specialist - Global Field Enablement
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
The purpose of this position is to drive business performance and operating results. The Commercial Specialist will to provide support the line of business (LOB) in all things Client on boarding and enhance the effectiveness and decrease the timeline for these activities. This position will provide critical negotiation support globally to our client teams serving our largest and most complex clients and will serve as a subject matter expert for sourcing and procurement matters.
Collaborate directly with Client Managers, Market/Office Leaders, Relationship Managers, CoE and functions to increase deal size and improve terms on our largest Clients and Prospects on a global, regional and country level across all LOBs. Drive Incremental revenue, profitability and opportunity.
Procurement Strategy and Management
- Provide insights, coaching and negotiation strategy. Provide expert negotiations support to client teams serving our largest and most complex clients.
- Create/improve product/ pitch materials to ensure that they convey value and are structured to leverage complexity and variables to provide Client options
- Monitors at risk client and unprofitable accounts to pro-actively develops corrective strategies
- Identification of key trends, opportunities and challenges in commercial acumen and approach to Client deals.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, gain efficiencies and improve financial performance
- Coordination with other MMC operating companies that are common to engagement/client
Support Scoping/Pricing Initiatives
- Collaborate with Commercial CoE members to improve and expand on a cohesive Client Procurement and TPE (Procurement Consultants hired by clients) management strategy.
- Subject matter expert on both sourcing and procurement engagements with clients and on internal approval process related to negotiated terms
- Support training initiatives to help develop and deliver negotiation training.
- Works across the organization to understand, influence and implement strategies that support positioning, pricing, scoping, packaging of new products and services.
- Co-Create and leverage existing guideline and templates that help deliver Client friendly offers and options to maximize deal value
- Development of Business Case - Value Prop and ROI
- Measurement and reporting to help benchmark deals and show trends. Also, personally to prove ROI/results.
- BA or BS plus qualifications in Business Administration. Master's degree or professional equivalent
- 15+ years of experience in sales, management, sourcing & procurement, contract negotiations, financial negotiations for products and or services on a global scope and scale, strong knowledge of services / consulting industry desirable
- High level capability to conduct negotiations with Clients and internally (i.e., across functions, geo's and businesses in an effective manner with positive results)
- Proven analytic and problem-solving skills related to developing and executing complex proposals and negotiations for a variety of consulting services
- Ability to influence stakeholders without direct management responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including probing and listening skills, and the ability to present complex data with clarity
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to drive to results by making decisions in a proactive, timely way and establishing priorities with clear goals and responsibilities to achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to gain the confidence, respect and trust of senior executives, clients and staff
- Ability to conceptualize a project and create a vision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate internally as well as externally with remote locations, external partners and clients.
- Proven project and time management skills; must be resourceful in developing alternative solutions and meeting deadlines in a real time, fast paced environment.
- Support in pursuing and winning new contracts as well as renewing and expanding current contracts.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance, proficient in Microsoft Office.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
This job has expired.