What you'll do...
We are a team of Mobile Engineers building products for the Walmart's transportation experience. When any of the millions customers that Walmart have around the globe have goods pickup or delivery needs, one of our many products will be there to help. We are responsible for building applications, SDKs and even build features on the main flagship Walmart applications. Our work is not present only in the US but in countries like Canada, UK and Mexico. Come work in a startup-like culture that is defining and building the next generation of digital experiences and have an impact on hundreds of millions of users.
As part of the team your responsibilities will be:
- Design and implement new features for our Spark Driver app
- Engage in discussions and propose improvements about patterns, standards, and architectures - we love a good discussion!
- Assist product owners and designers in defining the product requirements by offering technical suggestions.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the product development, with emphasis on the front-end
Would Like to Haves
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of Java development experience required.
- Experience of building and/or migrating Android applications to Kotlin.
- 5+ years of demonstrated end-to-end experience building, testing, and shipping commercially available Android apps.
- Experience with at least one of the Android Architecture Blueprints
- Experience interacting with RESTful JSON APIs
- Experience working in formal development environment (version control system, code review, strict coding standard, documentation, unit test)
Benefits & Perks
- Knowledge/Experience in Reactive Programming
- Being part of a team that published at least one app in Google Play store.
- Self-motivated hands-on generalist in Android based applications.
- Server-side development knowledge of building RESTful APIs
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
This job has expired.