What you'll do...
About Store No. 8
We are the incubation arm of Walmart. Store No8 - formed in 2017 as part of Walmart's larger innovation mission to shape the future of commerce. We pursue big ideas and take risks by stepping outside of Walmart's core business to focus on leapfrog capabilities across conversational commerce, mixed reality, in-store digitization, and more.
Our ultimate goal: fuel Walmart's core business, create new operational efficiencies, and unlock amazing experiences for our customers in the long term.
The Conversational Commerce team within Store N°8 is reimagining how families shop and manage their households. They are hard at work designing new products that simplify the shopping experience and integrate naturally into a customer's routine.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Manager II, Data Engineering for our Conversational Commerce team. This data leadership position will report to the Director of Data and your mission will be to help our teams build the best user experience possible by managing the roadmap and delivery of our data core platforms that move and enrich data everyone relies on. The data core platforms are responsible for data ingress / egress within the ecosystem as well as an orchestration layer of complex data transformations, refining raw data from source into a rationalized view of enterprise data that can be consumed in a governed way. This role will be responsible for not only individual contributions to the data core platforms but the design, data quality and patterns it uses.
In this role you will directly contribute to data engineering implementations as well as lead all monitoring, alerting, logging, and debugging/troubleshooting of the data core platforms. Additionally, you will guide and mentor on architecture design and data modeling as well as validate team design and modeling decisions. As a leader within the data team, you will work cross functionally, manage a diverse team of data engineers, and possess strong coding, design, infrastructure and data modeling skills.
What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Hire, retain and lead a team of data engineers that design, code, test, configure and modify software for the delivery of data platforms, pipelines and solutions using various programming languages, technologies and development methodologies.
- Lead the design, development, testing, and debugging of data infrastructure, tooling and utilities for the purpose of assuring acceptable performance, quality, and service levels.
- Ensure that data platforms, pipelines and solutions are successfully monitored with relevant alerts, logging and tracing that guarantee durability, availability and performance.
- Aid in refining our data core platforms roadmap by engaging with business stakeholders and cross-functional partners to help identify all necessary architecture and infrastructure enablers by having domain expertise in our data models and current capabilities of our data infrastructure, platforms and internal tooling.
Perks and Benefits
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, platform/infrastructure engineering, DevOps or similar role
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of data engineers
- Proficiency in Python and/or other programming languages
- Enjoy working on a Scrum team in an agile delivery environment
- Ability to mentor engineers and drive engineering excellence
- Work experience in ecommerce and/or conversational commerce
- Ability to work in an ambiguous entrepreneurial environment being able to manage and execute across multiple priorities while operating independently with minimal supervision
- Know how to inspire, motivate, and support a team to get things done
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $168,000.00-$252,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 7 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
4 years' experience in data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics.
1 year's supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, ETL tools and working with large data sets in the cloud, Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
250 Hudson St, NEW YORK, NY 10013-1006, United States of America