What you'll do...
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Walmart US - Revenue and Customer Controllership team provides accounting support to business partners and ensures timely financial reporting for the Walmart US segment.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Manager II, Controllership supports the Revenue and Customer Organizations, and is responsible for developing new financial processes and flows, financial accounting support, monthly close, reconciliations, internal controls, and consulting with business partners.
Position is located at headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas. A comprehensive relocation package is provided.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
You'll make an impact by:
- You have proven experience reporting in compliance with SEC guidelines and US GAAP.
- You have knowledge of how high-level accounting impacts business decisions.
- You have marketing, retail, or revenue accounting experience.
- You are comfortable talking to a wide variety of business partners.
- You have demonstrated proficiency working cross-functionally.
- You have demonstrated excellent ability to interface with and influence senior executives.
- You are a master at making complex subjects easily understood.
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale.
Live our Values
- Supporting monthly close/reconciliation process for revenue and customer related accounts.
- Building and maintaining relationships with business and finance partners.
- Ensuring new business accounting methodology is supported and applied consistently.
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and automate existing processes as well as partnering with our shared services providers.
- Establishing valid subledgers for accounts.
- Providing accounting support for new business initiatives including system conversions/implementations, infrastructure build, etc.
- Ensuring internal controls are designed and operating effectively as our business/operational strategies evolve.
* Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
* Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Embrace Change - Curiosity & Courage
* Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
* Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart's business model.
Deliver for the Customer
* Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
* Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
* Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
* Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
* Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. Butyou'llquickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us andyou'lldiscover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one,you'llbe empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
careers.walmart.com Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 6 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 1 year's supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Masters: Business Administration
Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification Primary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America